Coastal Charters catch up reports

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Capt. Dom, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Hi guys,

been insane these past few weeks, finally got a weather window to rest a bit with this blow coming.

Last week has been up and down, but managed a feww good days up off southern Jeffries. Saturday had the crew of Tight Lines aboard their vessel, and went 5 for 123 on an epic feed all day. Sunday saw another good day up there, and my returning crew of Matt, Tim, and Jay had 4 solid bites, getting 2 of them to the boat. Nobody could handle these fish solo in the deep water, so they will be back to try and best one of these fish for the tourney by themselves.

I had a client from Sapin, referred by Nicola Zingarelli of Caranx.net, who turned out to be one of Nicola's good friends, Gregorio, along with his son Pablo.

We headed up to jeffries on Monday, and got into a short morning feed, where the Sea Pup in the zuri color got us into a demon fish for over 45 minutes, as one hook was fould near the eye, the other in the lip. When I darted this fiosh, it took all 300 feet of the line and the ball under for 5 seconds or so. Awesome fish, and Pablos very first tuna.

The second day we opted to head out of Green harbor, and got into the stripers good to start, before moving on to the tuna. We had action all day on the jigs, and hooked into several tuna, but couldnt seal the deal on any, until the final pass of the day. Another great day for them, hoping for a 3rd on Thursday, but it was not to be. We encouintered thousands of waking fish, but they had lock jaw all day and we couldnt buy any love.

Friday I had 2 of 3 show up for some fog enshrouded jigging fun. We launched out of Bass River up in Yarmotuh on the lower Cape, and headed to the numbers that Capt. Jimmy "On Time" gave me from his trip the day before. We found the fish real close to the spot in a bit shalolower water, and quickly tired the crew out on 5 fish hooked, 5 fish landed for a perfect day. All the releases were easy and painless in the water with the single asisst hooks. Back to the dock early for a change, and gl;ad we did as it got sloppy as we rounded the tip of Monomy.

The fishing this year has been insanely good, and shows no signs of letting up.

It has slowed somewhat on the topwater feeds, but the jig bite has really gotten hot. The fish will begin their annual gorging in a few short weeks, so get ready for some absolute amazing action to come. it is hard to believe we are barely halfway through the season!!!

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      155.4 KB
      Views:
  2. gman

gman Senior Member

Nice work bro ... Anthony is reading this and says hi. All the football talk the other day got to him so he is playing now starting at Strong Safety and Tailback. LOL Kids hahah

Need your assistance on some Tattoo plugs colors and models for October. I will call you tomorrow

Congrats again .... Glenn

3. gman

gman Senior Member

Glen,

I'm headed to drop of product in about 30 mintues to The Saltwater Edge. They should have the color changing pups and dogs in the online store sometime this week. You can also call the store and order them via phone ( better choice as I think they will go fast). 401-842-0062 or Edge Angling

If that doesnt work, feel free to contact me direct 401-528-9524.

Here's a a shot of the color changing ones. Very difficult to capture with a camera, but it should give you an idea.

From the top: Purple Passion, Sand Eel, and Blue Ice

Thanks ... what is the main difference in the two styles? Is it just size?

4. Tattoo's Tackle

Tattoo's Tackle Junior member

Yes, Size. The Sea pup works better when the seas are calmer. It doesn't splash down as much as a larger plug would, which is great if your casting at breezing fish.

The Sea Dog works better in a chop, as it's heavier and allows you to stay in contact with the lure rather than have it skip across the surface

Of course, when they are feeding heavy, just put it in the wheelhouse and hang on!

They are both rigged with Krok swivels and Owner ST-66 hooks so no worries there.

5. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

Ordering a few for me and a few for AlbiemanMike.

Can't wait to get 'em.:D :D :D

6. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Ordering a few for me and a few for AlbiemanMike.

Can't wait to get 'em.:D :D :D

Now that is what I was waiting for. How long before we have them to try out??? You know John that by the time we get them and get back out there they will only be taking Shibuki's or something else we don't have on board.........always the case. I can' t wait to get another shot at dem' darn toona fish again. Really want to see you get hooked up to a demon fish.

7. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

8. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member