360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend came over so I could help him spool up his new Alutecnos Gorilla 20 and he didnt bring a pole so I put it on the first rod that I built which was a Calstar GF7455H all roller chunking rod. After spooling the reel we started checking out the drag settings and one thing led to another and we ended up in the yard lifting 40lb dumbells and even hooked the snap swivel to my belt and took off running across the yard so he could feel 40lbs of drag peeling off the reel.....:D

I am very impressed with the Alutecnos reel in terms of quality, finish, and drag. I will get one of my own soon. Anyway here is a pic of the 40lb dumbell lift.

Attachments

·
717 Posts
NICE! but only 40lbs??? LOL Those reels are crazy. To think an International 50 made 25 years ago put less than 20

·
5 Posts
you out to just hang shindle off that tip , dumbell enough, or that jigging clown andy. whats going on hale!! lets go fishing.

·
47 Posts
It looks like the rod could handle a bit more weight, the rod tip isn't quite even with the butt of the rod. But it looks like the line is just about to rub the blank of the rod right now. Id feel more comfortable with one more guide some inches in front of the foregrip to make sure that would not occur. That is one stout reel, Alutecnos Gorillas have some serious drag ratings, pushing 40 pounds! What a BEAST!

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
Thats a great rod...

·
At peace
1,959 Posts
You guys should have made a video of you running across the yard!!!I'm sitting here laughing to myself picturing you running across the yard w/ 40# of drags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts