Check out my new toys ...fresh from the Accurate & Shimano

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by gman, May 3, 2007.

1. gman

gman Senior Member

Here are my new toys for the upcomming season. I recieved a package on Tuesday while I was away on business and when I got home i found the brand spanking new Accurate 665 Boss 2 speed. So I immediately went to the tackle shop to get it spooled when I noticed that the Shimano Stella SW20000PG came in as well. Joy the fishing gods

My accurate 665 2 speed is paired up with an unbelievable rod which i used last weekend. A custom built Jigging master 500g from JPR Custom Rods. ZPaul did an amazing job on the rod and it performed great with some amazing first weekend out.

Here are some pictures of the set ups

Attached Files:

2. gman

gman Senior Member

cant wait to get the rel wet although I used the brand new 665 regular i bought for my son last week and it kicked but

Attached Files:

3. gman

gman Senior Member

I dont have alot of weight laying around so this test may look foolish but I cant rave enough about the work Paul did on this rod from JPR custom rods. I wanted a parabolic rod for japanese style jigging very simplistic and plain with silver accents but something that had backbone to tackle moster fish.

I used it last weekend and fell in love with it immediately. At first glance I thought "this will be way to stiff" until I bent it and boy did I love the action. It was very easy on me pulling on fish up to 100#'s last week. I didnt feel beat up like I used to on my old rod.

With the help of my son (who won picture of the Month for Pelagic Gear for April) and some weights I tested the load.

Picture 1 is 10 #'s and its almost nothing

Picture 2 is at 18#'s and still perfect

Picture 3 is at 26#'s and when I did it I felt little strain but my son who is 89#'s he was enjoying himself ha ha

I would highly recomend both Paul and the jigging master rod, weight loads are a great way to measure but on the water this rod was a beast

Enjoy

Attached Files:

4. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

5. ahistick

ahistick Senior Member

Definitely NICE stuff! Look forward to reading up on any reports on the gear!

6. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

well i know who i can get to pull on the "new" blanks we just designed:D

7. gman

gman Senior Member

that kid is a dynamo, he is sitting here writing a list of junior records that will fall this season ha ha too funny

8. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

gman: I was OK with waiting for 2 day express shipping. Now I am no longer so patient. What brand and strength jigging line is that you have on the 2-Speed? Thanks.

Russ

9. gman

gman Senior Member

The only reason i got mine so quick is becuase I have been in accurates ear for the last 3 weeks calling every week asking where my reel was. Finally they sent it out.

I used PE6 colored line, I need to find the name of it its Japanese, the down side is it only comes in 330 yeard spools. I have about 60 yeards of 50 mono, then the PE and I could have fit more. I believe it I 72lb the next step up was 86

I will tell you tomorrow

10. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Guest

Gman,

Excellent choice in reels. The 665 two speed and the 20K are premium reels. They both should last a lifetime of pleasure. It's better to spend money on good reels now then waste money on inferior reels that just don't cut the mustard. I like the fact that you bought the big boys. You must be a manly man. I have a few 665 two speeds ordered. I gather they will show up any day.

11. gman

gman Senior Member

I dont know if Im a manly man but I want a quality product. I just bought my 11 year old the regular 665 and a dragonfly 400g rod becuase he is a fanatical angler and to be honest I'd rather have and buy the best than buy several others in its place. I target big fish so i want to give myself the best opportunity to be succesfull.

Go BIG or go home thought process, Im really hard on my gear and normally push it to the max so I thought these would hold up

thanks for the comments

12. Sami

Sami Guest

This is one strong boy :)

13. gman

gman Senior Member

Ha ha he strong alright, he already has several yellowfin over 100#, a 65# amberjack, 300# sharks and 4 different billfsih (atlantic sail, Pacific Sail, Blue and sword) to his name at 11...just to name a few

Attached Files:

14. gman

gman Senior Member

this one is great

Attached Files:

15. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

Nice reels, that 665 looks sweeeeet.

16. Backlash Scott

Backlash Scott Member

Gman, enjoy looking at your new reels while you can.I can tell right now that your son will be giving them a workout in the near future.
    Backlash Scott

17. gman

gman Senior Member

he has no shot. I went on the offensive knowing he would want to use mine so I bought him the regular 665

18. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Have fun with that boy. Before long he will be taking you fishing!

19. 0831ww

0831ww Junior member

My kid doesn't want to fish with me anymore, they have their friends. Sad!

20. gman

gman Senior Member

yeah I'm sure that will come right now he is tournament fishing so he is still in it full time at 13

21. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

thats great he is still going strong with the fishing