360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Charleston, SC for the weekend, any suggestions for dining? How bout any good tackle shops around? Thanks!

murph

·
444 Posts
Oh boy, lots of great restaurants in Charleston! Great food place. Try Magnolia's for lunch or dinner. Most popular restaurant, but the food is great! Get the homemade potato chips with blue cheese starter. Sounds weird, but they're addicting! Poogan's Porch for brunch on Sat. or Sun. Fantastic!

Sorry, can't help with the tackle shops. I've been too busy eating when I'm there! :)

·
102 Posts
So many choices. Do yourself a favor & eat at Jestines for lunch. Old style food at a great price.For seafood, I like Hymans located on Meeting Street. Get there early or be ready to wait.Poogans Porch is good low country food. For slightly more upscale I would go to Slightly North of Broad or Magnolias. She crab soup or shrimp & grits are local specialties & good at most Charleston Restaurants.
I enjoyed going to Haddrell's Point Tackle.Have fun in Charleston
Backlash Scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know its an old thread and the guy has gone, but for future reference...

Don't go to Hymans......its not even close to what its cracked up to be. Stay away from the East Bay Crab Shack (and their other restaurants) and the Noisy Oyster

Go to:

Jestines Kitchen

Blues House of Wings (bar in Mt. Pleasant..best wings IMO)

Basil - Thai Food

Oak Steakhouse - pricey, but fantastic

Gilligans- usually good, cheap seafood

Tommy Condons- bar downtown. Good drinks, some good food.

East End brewery- pricey, but what we had was good.

The list goes on...

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
def. agree about Basil, and Jestines!!! awesome food! just need to bring some light tackle stuff next time to hit those winter Reds!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts