CharkBait

Discussion in 'Fish Species and Techniques' started by Fishhead56, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

For the last few months Chark Bait has bored me with their weekly specials.
    This week they have changed it up a bit. With items that seem to fit what some may use in the GOM on mid sized private boats.
    ie mid ranged trolling feathers and lures, plugs and poppers..

But what interested me most was a reacurance stock of the Penn metal senator reel.
    When discontinued last year I picked up one somewhere else to keep as unopened ,unused for a little below list..

Current special is about 60% of that..........

I now have 4 more coming in case I want to set up an old school GOM trolling spread..

Just FYI...not promoting any outfit or another..

K2

2. GanderVA

GanderVA Senior Member

I ordered one on Monday and will keep it NIB. Got a two Baja Specials @ $150.00 when they were discontinued and reduced from $250. The Baja's are now back in a limited run at $250.

3. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Smart move GanderVA. I also bought a couple and will keep them in the box for collectable reasons. I don't think Penn will ever make a metal version of the Senator again.

4. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Dang these arent going to worth anything haha. I just bought 2 earlier this morning.

5. GanderVA

GanderVA Senior Member

Saw a Charkbait post that they got them 8/4.

6. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Thanks for the update.

K2

7. Stryper

Stryper Senior Member

Saw this just today, but we out here are facing MAJOR MLPA fishing closures.
    We tried to get Charkbate to get onboard with our fight to keep our fisheries open, and were told, "Thats political and not of any interest to us and we don't want to have anything to do with it."

As an angler, I find it very hard to support anyone with that attitude. And any other online outfit would generally match/beat their price anyway.
    My .03

8. crazyjigger

crazyjigger Guest

Saw this just today, but we out here are facing MAJOR MLPA fishing closures.
    We tried to get Charkbate to get onboard with our fight to keep our fisheries open, and were told, "Thats political and not of any interest to us and we don't want to have anything to do with it."

As an angler, I find it very hard to support anyone with that attitude. And any other online outfit would generally match/beat their price anyway.
    My .03

I agree. If they don't care, I better spend my money with people who actually care for the sport [​IMG]

9. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I agree. If they don't care, I better spend my money with people who actually care for the sport [​IMG]

I'm sure they care, but like many other company's, they don't want to publicly show there political views for fear of loosing business from it.

d-a

10. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

I see the point on both sides....but I imagine if you sat down and talked to one of the guys from charkbait....they would say they refuse to comment out of protection from business, despite the fact that it appears you will not use them just for this reason. This a standard approach for most businesses that find themselves smack dab in the middle of a controversial issue like this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

There are freaks out there that take anything and run with it, well out of proportion.

11. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

charkbait doesnt mind comments about the nameless bicycle company. so i aint buying the political stance ;)

12. Grifft

Grifft Senior Member

Saw this just today, but we out here are facing MAJOR MLPA fishing closures. We tried to get Charkbate to get onboard with our fight to keep our fisheries open, and were told, "Thats political and not of any interest to us and we don't want to have anything to do with it."

As an angler, I find it very hard to support anyone with that attitude. And any other online outfit would generally match/beat their price anyway. My .03

Okay Striper,

Exactly who at Charkbait provided you that quote? Was it Mark? What was the question asked of them? What do you mean by "We tried to get Charkbait onboard with our fight to keep fisheries open"?

What do you mean by "onboard"? Who is "We" ?

Looks to be a bit of hearsay on your part, and way off the post's theme.

Tom

13. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

14. d-a

d-a Senior Member

charkbait doesnt mind comments about the nameless bicycle company. so i aint buying the political stance ;)

Thats because the bicycle company requires a minimum advertised price(MAP) on there products and charkbait wanted to sell them for less and the bicycle company would allow that. Effectively costing you and I more for there products

d-a