Chandeleur Islands surf fishing trip popper pics

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by HWK, Jun 23, 2009.

1. HWK

HWK Senior Member

12 of us are leaving Sunday to shark fish the surf at the Chandeleur Islands, and with 4 full days on the islands we should be able to convince a shark or two to hit one of these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wellcraft26

wellcraft26 Senior Member

those are too purty to tear up on a toothy critter!:eek:

3. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

bull sharks are all over the place out there. call me if you need supplies while you are out there. i would love to come and visit!

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

those are super nice, you should sell those. im sure there is a market here for them. good luck to you and the rest of the surf master folks

5. feeder

feeder Senior Member

I think I agree with wellcraft26. Why waste those poppers on sharks? Throw a broken chair leg or a half eaten corn dog with some trebles for those damn bulls.

6. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

If you want sharks ,ling, kings,jacks,etc,etc.get out there when the shrimpers cull their catch. The island is a favorie area for shrimpers to park for the daylite hours.

7. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

that shallow field of rigs is full of snapper right now too. good ones!!

8. HWK

HWK Senior Member

bull sharks are all over the place out there. call me if you need supplies while you are out there. i would love to come and visit!

Your more than welcome to come out and fish with us. We do not have cell service out there so you just have to look for us. We'll be on the Double Trouble, and will be on one of the islands close to the mother ship on the surf side. Hope you can make it out.

9. gman

gman Senior Member

i was there 2 yeas ago ... no reds or trouts but thousands of sharks and hard heads LOL