Casting Hollow Core Results

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by hamptonsurf, Aug 30, 2009.

1. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

Has anyone been able to figure out how to make csting hollow core line worth it? I kee getting bad wind knots, even at small diameters. I suppose the best thing to do is splice the hollow endloop onto solid braid, right?

2. pametfisher

pametfisher Senior Member

Has anyone been able to figure out how to make csting hollow core line worth it? I kee getting bad wind knots, even at small diameters. I suppose the best thing to do is splice the hollow endloop onto solid braid, right?

I have JB 60# hollow on several spinning reels and have been casting it long distances with no problems. Did you hand load the line or machine load it.

Make sure that you have 1/8" from the full spool to the lip, have the line wound on tightly and make sure that you have the twist set right from spooling.

Spooling for minimum line twist

3. hamptonsurf

It's Power Pro 80, and it was machine wound, except for the last part which I have been casting from....I think it may be overfilled.....guess I'll get to see how well I can redo an end loop splice! Thanks for the input.

4. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Does Power Pro make hollow core line???? I didn't think they did??? If it is regular PP then you definitely have too much line spooled on there take some off and you should be golden.

5. hamptonsurf

It is Power Pro 80 hollow core....it's actually very nice stuff, MUCH MUCH nicer than their solid braid, much more abraision resistant. I'd dare say their 80 hollow is as good as any other 80 hollow on the market. The rest of their lines, you can keep, as far as I'm concerned.