360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe a lttle something to add to the arsenal?.......

Cabela's -- Pakula Dojo Skooner

this particular head design is for the slow troll but i remember seeing on pakula's site they suggested adding a sliding egg sinker in front to add weight for casting

gotta wonder......... it looks to have some interesting action on the video

YouTube - Peter Pakula Dojo Lure

but i guess it's nothing any 'swimming minnow' wouldn't do (just thot i'd post up what appears to be a good price)

·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i haven't tried any yet and know of no one else that has either........... hopefully i'll get a chance to try'em in August

i've ordered 8" and 10" lures and will try trolling the destroyers and maybe rig a schooner-r-two for casting

i wasn't gonna pay that much for 6" lures but bet those woulda been best to cast with

----------

update: a couple of'em just came in and they're keel-weighted with lead inside (to make'em ride upright) and seem to have enough weight to be castable, plus they say on the package " You can also use them casting like like a normal metal or plastic lure, as a popper and let them sink over drop offs and jig them back, and as a soft plastic jig and using all the normal retrieves."

may or may not wanna use any xtra weight...... these eight-inchers came in with 10' of 200# leader but re-rigging will be simple enough

1 - 4 of 4 Posts