casting at tuna.....

Discussion in 'Pelagics' started by Bill Fisher, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

maybe a lttle something to add to the arsenal?.......

Cabela's -- Pakula Dojo Skooner

this particular head design is for the slow troll but i remember seeing on pakula's site they suggested adding a sliding egg sinker in front to add weight for casting

gotta wonder......... it looks to have some interesting action on the video

YouTube - Peter Pakula Dojo Lure

but i guess it's nothing any 'swimming minnow' wouldn't do (just thot i'd post up what appears to be a good price)

2. Bill Fisher

i hate cabela's...... :mad:

now the destroyer is in the bargain cave (the one i wanted in-the-first-place)

Cabela's -- Pakula Dojo Destroyer

oh well....... guess another dozen ain't gonna kill me :rolleyes:

3. Iman

Iman Senior Member

have you tried these lures? do they catch fish?

4. Bill Fisher

i haven't tried any yet and know of no one else that has either........... hopefully i'll get a chance to try'em in August

i've ordered 8" and 10" lures and will try trolling the destroyers and maybe rig a schooner-r-two for casting

i wasn't gonna pay that much for 6" lures but bet those woulda been best to cast with

----------

update: a couple of'em just came in and they're keel-weighted with lead inside (to make'em ride upright) and seem to have enough weight to be castable, plus they say on the package " You can also use them casting like like a normal metal or plastic lure, as a popper and let them sink over drop offs and jig them back, and as a soft plastic jig and using all the normal retrieves."

may or may not wanna use any xtra weight...... these eight-inchers came in with 10' of 200# leader but re-rigging will be simple enough