360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i am new here at this forum. I don't know if you have talked about this rod earlier, but here it goes...
I was ripped off by KLM, bringing a too long rod to Panama. I Had a 7.6 St. Croix 1 piece with me, and they charged me 300 euros for this.:eek:

What about this rod, Shimano Caranx STC do you think it will hold up for GT:s and Doggies up to 100lbs?

Attachments

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
I was thinking about importing the popping rods as they look good for starters as prices are attractive, but I decided not to as the rods don't seem to be strong enough based on repots.

·
234 Posts
I was thinking about importing the popping rods as they look good for starters as prices are attractive, but I decided not to as the rods don't seem to be strong enough based on repots.

For bonito , may be .

Jon . :p

·
857 Posts

if kil give sit the thumbs down def pass on it

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
if kil give sit the thumbs down def pass on it

In fact, many love the rods in Asia. That is why I tried to get them for my shop. But the strength of rods and warranty are big issues when you sell them in the US. Some reports scared me off and my opinion is not based on physical observation and testing.

baldurs,
I plan to go cod jigging off Montauk tomorrow and I might go on the Frances.

·
857 Posts
In fact, many love the rods in Asia. That is why I tried to get them for my shop. But the strength of rods and warranty are big issues when you sell them in the US. Some reports scared me off and my opinion is not based on physical observation and testing.

baldurs,
I plan to go cod jigging off Montauk tomorrow and I might go on the Frances.

i wish i was going but i am stuck up in rochester ny. boat had a good day yesterday more then half the boat limited most fish caught on jigs :) i am hoping to head home and fish either monday or wed depending on the snow up here

·
Banned
223 Posts
Shimano Caranx Long Cast was my first popping rod for Gom. I really love for it's castability and strength. Fit and finish were great and for less than 400us it was a nice entry rod, but I don't think anyone could max this rod out in US waters. I know some people have to have the most badass GT rod out there to catch 50lb YFT but that's a case of tackle catching people not fish =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts