360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

665 Posts
I noticed that too Kevin, but at least alot of the pictures are still up! A bunch of us are still on the website with pictures from all those awesome trips!

I still remember the first time I saw a reference to a "big boat" being built, and I think it was you (Kevin) that posted the first pics of the keel being laid in the shipyard! The last three years sure went by fast! Hopefully the new owners will put together a first class operation and we can keep on fishing.

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

1,688 Posts
The Big E is in the process of being sold.. but I think it will still be docked at Elliotts.. it will undergo a refit process to allow for new galley, dive ladder, dive compressor, deco-chamber and stabilizers.. They will be doing pleasure dive,speardive trips and also still do some of the tuna trips.. there will be a few less bunks so expect the trip to be a little more $$$ than before. Its not gone.. I believe that capt Frank will still be running the boat..

1,115 Posts
Check, Capt John, Galveston
They do, did overnight trips through the winter.
Their web page has reports all the way back to last winter.
Also a good report of their trip a week or so ago on this

board.http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f59/captain-john-428/
Also this site has a review on the Boat in the same catagory
as this Big E thread is on.

Last winter overnighters produced mostly BFT,Grouper AJ and Kings.
from the deep Platforms. Heavy winter seas kept them away from the
floaters often.

I don't know what Action Charters, Freeport. does but they are set up for groups also. Check their web,
Others on the board here could probably jump in with info also.

406 Posts
Hey Snap Draggin, their is already a post on this subject go to the review corner section click on boats and it should be lke 3rd or 4th post its called the future of the big e its getting a little upgrade new management but fewer bunks, stabilizers theyre making i into a dive platform as well.

5 Posts
just heard yesterday that there is a good possiblity that they will keep fishing the boat under new managment. my understanding is that they are meeting as we speak to try and get this end of the business going. was told that any day they could be up and running. guess we will wait and see.

2,069 Posts
they still have a lot of reconstruction to do on that boat to install decompression chamber, and galley reconfiguration. I imagine it will disappear for 3 months after they seal the deal with Elliots.... Deep Sea Headquarters, Dolphin Docks, and Capt John are 3 good outfits until the Big E returns.. :)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.