360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

358 Posts
This is the second trip in a row they cancelled - July 4th and July 18th. I was scheduled on both unfortunately. I called yesterday and they told me they only had 20 people paid up fully out of the 29. The next trip on August 18th supposedly has 32 people paid in full so barring weather hopefully it should be going. I booked that one. Third time is a charm otherwise it's refund time :D

In the past I think it was 25 was the cutoff but with fuel prices going up I think the new number is 30. They've gone out this year with a little less from what I remember. Last year they had no problem filling spaces. I'm not sure what the deal is this year.

atunatado - I think a fair number of the trips have made it so far. I know of 2 that I was on that went out. April 22nd and Memorial day (kinda rough weather).

358 Posts
We have a 70 hour tuna and tilefish trip on 140' Viking fleet out of Montauk, NY in late Aug. The trip is limited to 20 guys and it cost only $600 per person. I know the Big E burns more gas as it run fast, but the Viking runs 120-150 miles offshore for tuna at night and come back to edge of canyon each day for bottom fishing. If the Viking doesn't think they can make money on the trip, they wouldn't sail.

Hey ksong, can you PM some more info on that trip? After the Big E sells I want to start looking into fishing some other destinations and that seems like a pretty good deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.