360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished with Captain Chuy leaving from Punta Mita?
He came highly recomended by Lora. Lora was not available for the dates we needed so I booked Chuy. On main question I had was what kind of trolling equipment does he have?
We are taking jigging and popping rods but should we bother with trolling setups?
Thanks in advance!
-K

·
1,579 Posts
You trying to catch a cow? I'm sure all charters down there have sufficient equipment for it as Lora recommend him.

Only way to find out is ask Chuy, you can check bloodydecks.com I think Chuy is on there.

G

·
be sure to take plenty of large poppers. on our trip the first part of this month the oti komodo poppers were the big producer on boat for 3 days to tuna busting bait on top....rick

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rick thanks,
I have 4 Komodos, 4 wombats and about 6 randoms. Alongs with a dozen or so hammered diamond jigs and OTI jigs.
Hoping to get into some topwater action!

Another question I just thought of...
Is there a limit on YFT in PV, or do the captains make the call?
Last tip to cabo we got 4 a peice and then went after the marlin the rest of the day.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read somewhere it 10 fish any species. If you keep a billfish or shark it counts as 5. Mexico has funny regs. I will quit keeping fish oncei know my cooler will come home full. Problem is the captains always want to keep fishing so they can sell to the market...

·
1,699 Posts
hey special k, take some small diamond jigs.. like 4oz.. they are great for catching skippies...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts