360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone going on the captain john 36 hr trip this weekend? me and a couple of friends are going, maybe be able to meet some of yall on this board.

G

·
How well does the Capt John ride.You dont see many cats that size for charter boats.

I don't think its that great to sit in big seas since it is aluminum. it is a light boat so moves up and down quite a bit. in 3-5' seas it cuts through them well.

·
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
like bret said not that great in rough seas. been beat up a few times on this boat since they ride out in unfavorable conditions sometimes. this weekend had very nice weather, was a shame not to get out there. now i have to wait for the tomeny trip in 20 days.hopefully the weather will cooperate

·
1,736 Posts
I am trying to go on Galveston party boats next weekend if the waves die down. I have been on the Capt John several times. Does anyone use live bait on the tuna trips and if so, what type?

·
413 Posts
Need to be chunking! Also get there early and take a throw net and you can catch some live bait right there at the peir,Jig glow in the dark Braid jig 7oz,(pink) with some metered braid! We caught 5 yfts last year in May< Check the website from last year,Good luck!

·
1,736 Posts
You rock! Thanks for the information. I have been out twice on the Capt John and have managed 3 BFT, 1 on chunk bait and 2 on diamond jigs. Not sure why I have such bad luck... I may not be jigging right...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts