Capt Elliots BIG E 5/9-5/11 More people needed

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by LEXPRO, May 7, 2007.

1. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

Word on the street is need 12 more fishermen for the boat to go. If you know someone who wants a spot please call Capt Elliots.

2. galveston1602

galveston1602 Senior Member

Im interested to see if the new $ makes some of their trips not sell out. I know last year you had to have the reservations made before ~may o get on any trip the rest of the year.....

3. jig

jig Senior Member

I think they are going to have to go to a peak/off season schedule like the vacation homes. $650 is too much to go bkft fishing for most folks. But Oct/Nov for dark moon, I would pay a lot more than the current asking price. If they had some trips targeting Bkft only, they could run much closer and spend less on gas. So profit would likely be the same. For the higher cost of YFT at redhawk during a dark moon, the higher price is justified.

Moot point if the sell the boat.

4. FWM0103

FWM0103 Member

My understanding from the Cinco Trip is the boat is sold to someone in Florida. Plans are to leave the boat in Freeport during the summer and Florida for the winter months.

5. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Robert, I hope you heard wrong.. but I did hear that there were 3 different prospective buyers.. If it sells, say goodbye to the best LR boat on the gulf...

6. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

i heard there were 3 interested parties but no sale as of the time we left for offshore on cinco. i guess i am out of the running as they have never come back with a counter offer. i was going to buy it and bring it to lake texoma and do long range striper trips....lol.....rick

7. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

That would be awesome if some entrepreneur down here bought it. haha never gonna happen, but that would be kick.

8. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

I asked Captain Frank about this on the way into port on Sunday and was told there are 3 interested parties but nothing was final. The interested parties were:
    * long range operation from South CA
    * party boat operation from the north east
    * local business man from Freeport that wanted to refurbish her into a private yatch ;-(

My understanding from the Cinco Trip is the boat is sold to someone in Florida. Plans are to leave the boat in Freeport during the summer and Florida for the winter months.

9. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Guest

The Big E is actually a good buy. It's one-third the price of a new 80' Merritt. The problem is what to do with it when and if tougher fishing regulations happen. The Govt. loves to take things away from us and they never give it back. Even if a particular fish rebounds they will never give us our old limits back. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to fish as much as I did as a child until today. It's looking dimmer and dimmer for future generations.

I believe that 100 years from today, it will be a felony to have any fish in your possession. For you youngsters, the "Good old Days" are today. Enjoy it.

10. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

When i was waiting to get my fish cleaned and stuff on 5/11 the office lady and Frank were talking about negotiations of the deal.

11. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

who would want that as a private yacht, its a niceee LR boat but its not a cruiser for some rich loser

12. Texas Tuna 16

Texas Tuna 16 Guest

i think capt. frank should try and get the other captains or get some loans to buy the boat and just keep it here. and elliot needs to stop thinkin snapper he do should all year trips to the redhawk and all them, he could make a good profit, i went out earlier and he had every single boat out and loaded. i would target other species like wahoo or amberjack. hes right theres no point for makin it a cruiser, its a fishing boat not a cruise ship

13. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

if I remember correctly- 100 people on an 8 hour snapper trip makes way more profit margin than a 52 hour tuna trip.(then weather plays a factor in 200 mile trips to RedHawk Rig)--- NMFS should be considered part of PETA!

14. galveston1602

galveston1602 Senior Member

I got the same story as kevin did.

I suspect that the boat is going to be a hard sell to someone who wants to continue using it in its current configuration. Logicaly thinking it would seem to me that the only way a boat of that size would make sense would be to have 2 regionally different home ports where the prime time is opposites so the boat would stay essentially full... It would take someone willing to make a hell of a gamble to make it work but id think it would be doable. the only real wild card is the freakin nmfs!

15. SkeeterRonnie

i dont know how credible the story is- but theres a post on 2cool that the boat HAS sold for 2.2 mil and will be handed over to the new owner at the end of this season.. then off to FL it goes, then to Grand Caymans for a personal yacht..... OK -GUNSMOKE AND MR BILL!!!! did yall buy it??
    http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=119069

16. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

thats ridiculous.
    have they really even taken a hard hit from the snapp thing?
    i dont see other than obvious operating costs how the wharf cat that snapper are their only thing can still be running and the E is up and packed.

17. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Guest

OK -GUNSMOKE AND MR BILL!!!! did yall buy it??

I don't have a pot to pea in or a window to throw it out.

They named the Poorboy sandwich after me.

I'm so poor, I unplug the clocks before going to bed.

A hair plucked from a rich man is thicker than my waist.

18. SkeeterRonnie

LOL!!! BTW~ YOu have any good sources on fireworks???? the kewl aerial displays- not the cheapo one shot, and pop in the air( Those always fall over- at least one- and end up scaring the entire family).... LOL!!! You should see 10 grown male kids tryin to light the single aerials in synch... LOL!! Someone gets burned, and a few lose thier hearing for a few hours.... I am smart enough to have my lighter lit BEFORE they say "go"... LOL!!!

19. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Gunsmoke put it very well....fishing was great 10 years ago...and is pretty good today...and in the future....it may not be there for most people. The limits that are being placed on fish and fuel costs going upwards may make offshore fishing a thing of the past. (We need hydrogen cell outboards...Snagged convinced me of this...grin).

Perhaps The Big E should be bought by an entrepeneur that wants to turn the boat into a fishing/brothel boat. That's the ticket !! :D

20. newman

newman Guest

thats ridiculous.
    have they really even taken a hard hit from the snapp thing?
    i dont see other than obvious operating costs how the wharf cat that snapper are their only thing can still be running and the E is up and packed.

Think about it for a minute Kevin. The Wharf Cat has been running for over 25 years and the Big E only 3 so the Wharf Cat has paid for itself and the Big E has not. Unfortunately for us fishermen and women who really enjoy fishing on the Big E we may not have the opportunity to fish Her after this season, which really SUX!