360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Member
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some info on this rod. Did numerous searches typing in different ways and I can’t come up with anything. I know they’ve been out of business for years but there’s always something online.
May want to sell it if I can find a price line.

Benny

Musical instrument Automotive tire Cylinder Bicycle part Font

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mr Benny I knew guys on the hull truth liked them and they were considered very tough . They were people asking up to $700 for them but from my knowledge nobody paid them the money . So yes, you can ask as much as you like ( and I hope you sell it for as much as you want ) but the trick is finding the right person who would be willing to pay that much for it, like a collector or a big fan with money

·
Retired Member
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mr Benny I knew guys on the hull truth liked them and they were considered very tough . They were people asking up to $700 for them but from my knowledge nobody paid them the money . So yes, you can ask as much as you like ( and I hope you sell it for as much as you want ) but the trick is finding the right person who would be willing to pay that much for it, like a collector or a big fan with money
i thought you were my biggest fan with lots of money. Lol.
Just came across this rod and some other interesting stuff so I thought, why not ask if anyone knows any info.

Benny

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just came across this rod and some other interesting stuff so I thought, why not ask if anyone knows any info.

Benny
Mr Benny the information I know about them is that they were made in NC, we’re considered revolutionary for their time ( I am talking about the 90’s I believe ), a cool thing was that they had hexagonal blanks ( from my long memories in high school physics, i Remember my teacher telling me that an hexagon tube is very strong and does not break off very easy when bent or that the walls of the hexagon tube will keep its shake under Pressure ) , they made both offshore and inshore rods ( 7 ‘ one piece rods , very popular but pricy ). I remember sometime in 2005-2006 while fishing in Alaska a friend of mine was chasing halibut on the fly rod and he had a 14 weight custom fly rod made by them. A couple years ago I saw a set of cape fear rods very similar to yours and the gentleman was asking about $300-325 each. Again they are rare and were revolutionary in their time and I hope you find a generous seller mr Benny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts