Cape Cod Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Saltywater Tackle' started by Saltywater tackle, Jun 7, 2013.

1. holy cow

holy cow Senior Member

Capt. JOSH U LISTENING! These fisherman need to get on um! Sir!

2. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member Supporting Member

HC Wish you would have pleaded to the weather gods instead lol. Another cancellation due to weather. Very nice meeting you Christian and Al hope to get a day in on the water with you both.

Benny

Capt. JOSH U LISTENING! These fisherman need to get on um! Sir!

3. holy cow

holy cow Senior Member

Hardcore Indeed Benny! Hope to go for bf soon!

4. a1flyfishr

Would love to join HC you if the timing is right.

Benny

5. crazituna

crazituna Junior member

nice meeting you to benny and chris. all i can say is fog and connecticut i95 suck.

6. a1flyfishr

Hi Al. Glad to here you made it back safe, that was one long drive. I'm going to set up a few head boat tuna trips in oct want me to let you when i get some dates?

Benny

nice meeting you to benny and chris. all i can say is fog and connecticut i95 suck.

7. outermostangling

outermostangling Site Sponsor

HC, I am just as disgusted as the rest of the boys. I have been beet to death lately by big seas and FOG for the last 2 weeks and I am over it. I hope the guys understand and there are plenty more dates open on this thread also my book is lacking for August. If the fish were jumping in the boat I would be there you know that. Benny great to finally meet you and hope we can get a trip off the dock soon.

Capt Josh

8. a1flyfishr

Great Al! I'll keep in touch.

Benny

yes :)

9. a1flyfishr

Great to meet you too Capt Josh! No hard feelings at all, admire your judgement call for safety first. I am looking over my calendar for near future dates. See you soon.

Benny

HC, I am just as disgusted as the rest of the boys. I have been beet to death lately by big seas and FOG for the last 2 weeks and I am over it. I hope the guys understand and there are plenty more dates open on this thread also my book is lacking for August. If the fish were jumping in the boat I would be there you know that. Benny great to finally meet you and hope we can get a trip off the dock soon.

Capt Josh

10. a1flyfishr

Any word yet? You guys heading out tomorrow? Chucky had enough breaks lets get um!!!

Benny

11. BigAnchovy

BigAnchovy Senior Member

Benny, Sami and I are on I95 and heading up there now. He is unable to respond because he is busy driving, texting, and eating a Boston Creme Pie from Dunkin Donuts. After my last couple of trips to The Cape, I'm hoping to at least see Charlie, let alone land one.....

12. a1flyfishr

Great to hear Tom! See Sami is keeping up tradition with the creme pie. Tom with this heat it will be easy to break the ice. Looking forward to seeing a pic with charlie in your lap. Good luck guys!!!

Benny

13. Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle Site Sponsor

We fished with Captain Josh today and Tom had a boil on his second cast of the day in the early AM, Tom casted to the whale and start retrieving while he is looking at me, Josh and I opened our mouth and shouted at him but it was too late, it all happen 15 feet away from the boat, he missed seeing the size of that fish that charged him.
    there is some fish around and the Harpoon guys put up a show in the front of our eyes, it was amazing to see an 800 lb getting Harpooned 150 yard from us, we still have tomorrow so i hope to have better news for you guys!

Tight lines
    Sami

14. Saltywater tackle

No tuna to report today but the highlight was catching an estimated 200lb Blue Shark on the El Mastro paired with a pink Baby Runboh,
    the shark took the stickbait 15 feet away from the boat while the whole crew is watching, I had an awesome fight on the rod and i am very confident that the rod will handle a descent size fish!

Tight lines
    Sami

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. cvye

cvye Senior Member

Nobody can resist a pink Baby Runboh!

16. Saltywater tackle

Christian,
    Tomorrow trip canceled due to bad weather.

Tight lines
    Sami

17. cvye

cvye Senior Member

ok, got it. Thanks Sami. I think that's 4 for 4 for me so far this season. Looking forward to the Fall run! :)

18. a1flyfishr

The good thing about that Christian is you have the money to do 4 more trips when the weather allows lol. Hoping to get a trip or two myself in August, my luck wasn't as bad as yours only 2 cancellations. Maybe we'll get to fish together.

Benny

cvye likes this.