Cape Cod 6/18

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by rtran, Jun 19, 2009.

1. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Yesterdays catch.
    anglers - paul, evan, igor
    *one fish lost at leader. 170lb leader broke.
    *one landed as shown
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

i need to get up there... i love that pink runboh...
    wow. great job paul, evan, & igor

170lb leader broke? I can't see it happening, but I want to believe...

how big was that tuna?

3. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

nice fish. What rod is that? now everyone needs that lure too..lol

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

... i love that pink runboh...

I think its a tailwalk or ocea pencil :)

5. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Tackle used.

Rods - Tenryu Spike Tuna 8'6"
    - Ocean Revolution GT Explorer - Pathfinder 85-10SP LC (My rod for this year!! brought the fish beside the boat in less then 5mins )
    Reels - Shimano 10000FA
    - Shimano 18000SW
    Lines - Varivas SMP PE8
    Leader - Varivas 130lb - 170lb
    - Yozuri Flourocarbon 100lb
    Lure - Tailwalk Gunz
    - Shimano Ocea Pencil
    - Orion lures

170lb leader broke prob because lure was swallowed and line rubbed at corner of the fishes mouth.

6. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

So, was there four fisherman on the boat?

When I charter a boat, I really like it to be myself and maybe one other fisherman.

Will the Capt's up East take just one guy if he is willing to pay?

7. rtran

rtran Senior Member

3 anglers and capt chip
    i am sure they will, money talks but i am unsure if there are any safety issues

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I've got one more question. I've noticed in all the pictures from up on the East Coast from the guys catching the Bluefins lately, that everyone is all bundled up wearing bibs and long sleeve shirts with gloves. Is it still real cold up there?

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

i think its just precaution as weather can change dramatically in short notice.
    the ride out is not long but getting wet could get cold. 65 degree now at green harbor

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

65 degree now at green harbor

WOW, I call that free Air Conditioning.:) You guys are lucky up there.

11. rtran

rtran Senior Member

WOW, I call that free Air Conditioning.:) You guys are lucky up there.

oh yeah :D

12. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

One guy no problem. I do it all the time. Safety? I landed a 71" BFT solo 2 weeks ago, just gotta be prepared and play it smart.

If you want to get in on this bite, give me a shout. 401-862-0358

13. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Hey Age,

SWEET FISH BTW, and nice work Chip.

14. pametfisher

pametfisher Senior Member

I've got one more question. I've noticed in all the pictures from up on the East Coast from the guys catching the Bluefins lately, that everyone is all bundled up wearing bibs and long sleeve shirts with gloves. Is it still real cold up there?

When I went out last week, I needed three layers at times. It can be cold early in the morning, when the boat is moving and if there's cloud cover. At one point I hand to bury my hands in my clothes to get the blood circulating.

I'm headed out tomorrow morning, likely and will have three layers again. By the time I return, I will probably be down to a tee shirt.

15. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I guarantee you, I'd be starting off in a Tee Shirt.:) I only own a few long sleeve shirts and it has to be below 40 degrees before I even consider putting one on.:eek: In fact, I wear shorts around the house year round. :)

16. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

I guarantee you, I'd be starting off in a Tee Shirt.:) I only own a few long sleeve shirts and it has to be below 40 degrees before I even consider putting one on.:eek: In fact, I wear shorts around the house year round. :)

Well you can wear whatever you want but once you are out there you will change your mind and wish you brought more clothes. Better to have and not need than to need and not have! It can get real cold out there even in the dead of summer. The water is still pretty cold up there and we never took off our long sleeves on Wed. It does get really nice but it can also change in a flash and get cold and you will want some extra clothes to put on when it does get cold. But if you are one of those real men who doesn't need it then by all means go ahead and rough it. I will be nearby bundled up and loving life................:D

17. Grifft

Grifft Senior Member

oh yeah :D

I grew up there in the 60's & 70's. The "Lucky Season" is a short one! :D Then it gets ugly :eek:

Graduated from UMASS in '79 and headed south! Well, the Army really told me where to go, but it pretty much was always somewhere warmer thankfully.

I'll stay if FL -- though pulling on one of those BFT's is awfully enticing :) Might have to visit my Dad in Manchester, NH later this summer! :D

Tom