360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my rod done, hopefully we get a break in the weather up here on the Cape to go out and get tight!!!

Calstar 700XH, Fuji SiC, EVA, Fuji seat, slick butt, Nylon gimbal................. kill kill kill!!!!:D

·
310 Posts
you guys like that 7 foot blank for popping? i mean i know fishgting the tuna is alot easier but as far as casting its not. i fish a few gf and they are beast.

·
723 Posts
Dante,

Some guys up here like the 7 foot Grafighters for popping. They prefer to lose the casting distance but gain fighting power. There are still plenty of others that prefer the 8 or 8 1/2 foot popping rods as well.

·
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shimano Saragosa 18000, in the middle of wrapping another for conventional with an Accurate 665XNC, popping all the way, although you lose some distance with the 7ft rod, you gain power for when the fish is in the circles

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
although you lose some distance with the 7ft rod, you gain power for when the fish is in the circles

If a rod doesn't bend much, it is harder to fight unless you have strength and skill. Professional golfer use very stiff shaft to generate more power and distance, but the shaft is not for everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts