360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought both blanks and cant decide which one I want to build for throwing Poppers. I already have a GUSA Monster Mag for my light set up so I was thinking the XH but then again I dont want to go overboard with to much rod and not be able to load it up with medium weight poppers??

This will be for my 10000FA Stella and I like to use alot of drag but my main concern is how the XH loads up? Do you need alot of weight to get good performance?

·
377 Posts
I have and use the 700xh with a stella 20000 . I got the xh because I could not find a rod with enough backbone to hold up to a big tuna when the fish is near the boat and going in the death circle. I am pleased with xh. As for casting I cant see any less distance than most other rods. The rod has a somewhat smaller butt and can be a disavantage for some when casting.Wish the butt was about six inches longer . You will have no probllem loading the xh blank. when you into the 100 lb plus tuna you will be glad you have one.

·
1,025 Posts
I have and use the 700xh with a stella 20000 . I got the xh because I could not find a rod with enough backbone to hold up to a big tuna when the fish is near the boat and going in the death circle. I am pleased with xh. As for casting I cant see any less distance than most other rods. The rod has a somewhat smaller butt and can be a disavantage for some when casting.Wish the butt was about six inches longer . You will have no probllem loading the xh blank. when you into the 100 lb plus tuna you will be glad you have one.

Grescobia can cast anything a mile! However, everytime I talk to him about some new rod or dumb idea I have, he always says "Just give me my stella 20000 and my 700xh, that's all I need.":)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts