Calstar 6460XH for a new Quantum Aruba

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by red34, Feb 13, 2009.

1. red34

red34 Guest

I haven't quite finished this build yet, but I wanted to get some pics of my latest marbling attempt. I went with a blue base to match the theme of the rest of the rod swirled in some black and added a touch of silver. I like how it turned out. It's alot of blue, but that doesn't bother me and I think theres enough black and silver to break it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got a couple more things to do and 1 more coat of epoxy and then I'll get pics of the whole thing. This is gonna be a beast of a lightweight set-up (relatively speaking)

2. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Looking great and looking forward to more pics!

3. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Looks great, Blue is my favorite color....

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

5. red34

red34 Guest

Allright got it done! Marbling pics are hard to get...for me at least. I can't seem to get the colors to appear on the camera the way they do in real life. Anyway here's the combo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish I would have had some of these logos made up in silver to match the rods that I don't use gold on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rod Component List:

Alps Reel Seat and Gimbal
    Slick Butt Rear Grip
    14" EVA Foregrip
    PacBay Eliminator JR Roller Guides and Top

6. bingfish

bingfish Senior Member

Looks great Red. Good idea with the blue base. Now all you need to do is replace that quantum with an avet and learn how to fish!! :)

7. red34

red34 Guest

Looks great Red. Good idea with the blue base. Now all you need to do is replace that quantum with an avet and learn how to fish!! :)

Whatever...when this reel turns out to be a hit just remember who was in on the ground level! Plus, sadly, I lost my dealer direct connection and couldn't afford the Avet :(