360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

Calcutta 400TE & 300TE

4K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  hatidua 
#1 ·
#3 ·
i do have one problem with the reel, after i put it back together, there's a clicking noise when i turn the handle. i think it may have something to do with the anti-reverse, but I'm not sure.

I tried taking it apart and putting it all back together, but the noise is still there. any ideas?

I also want to put the carbontex kit in, how much drag will I be able to get out of the reel?

#5 ·
#7 ·
the dog won't stay engaged on the rachet gear. everytime i put it on and then close the reel, it makes a buzzing noise when i turn the handle.

how do i make it stay on/stop making noise?

#9 ·
the dog is engaging, just rattling against the gear when the handle is turned.

it all works, it just makes an annoying noise, which it wasn't making before i took it apart to clean out all the salt the last guy had let into it.

i can actually hear the dog rattling when i shake the reel

#11 ·
it sounds like the spring "teeth" are not holding on to the ratchet gear tightly enough.

I think that's it, the dog is swinging away from the gear and then re-engaging, rather than staying "clipped" onto it. You're saying to just fold the teeth together tighter so it will hold the gear and not swing?

#12 ·
that should do it. now, look closely at the photo above. see the dot? it's a spot weld. if the spot weld breaks, then the spring steel is not held closely to the dog and the whole assembly will have to be replaced. that happens alot. take a look and let me know. otherwise, just squeezing the "teeth" together should do the trick. alan

#13 ·
i tried bending the teeth, and it's still making noise, i' m going to order a new one and see if it fixes the problem.

I also need a new pawl cover for the levelwind (BTN2457)
where would you reccommend I buy these, mikesreelrepair.com was the cheapest i've found, but if you have a better place, could you please let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.