When I decided to help a friend take his new boat to Cabo I thought it would be an adventure, little did I know! We flew in to San Diego on Dec 30. Took the train to Dana Pt., boarded the boat, and headed to sea. I was urinating a lot and running a little fever. We arrived in Ensenada the next morning and found out we couldn't go thru customs until Tuesday because of New Years. I began taking medication for what we thought was a bladder infection. Tuesday afternoon we headed south ahead of a coming storm after clearing customs. We planned on laying over in Turtle bay on Thursday to let the storm pass. On Wed morning I felt good and quit taking meds even though I was still urinating a lot. We even caught a small yellowtail on the troll. By midnight I had complete urinary blockage, distended stomach, and severe pain. We considered Coast Guard airlift but decided to find the doctor in Turtle Bay. Thursday morning we anchored up, broke out the dingy, and headed for the dock. The wife and I climbed the dock, found a guide, and headed the five excruciating blocks up the hill to the doctor. The doctor said I had prostatitis, inflammation of the prostate that had swollen around the urine tube and shut it down. He inserted a catheter, very painful, and relieved the pressure. After draining about 2 quarts I felt great and thought I might actually live. Now the choice was a 2 day bus ride back to San Diego and fly home to a doctor or take the boat on to Cabo and fly home. We chose the boat ride because at least we had communications if something went wrong. Friday morning we awoke to 40 to 60 kt. wind blowing a dust storm out of the mountains across the bay. You couldn't even see the town! We and the other 9 boats that had sought refuge in the bay were now trapped. It blew all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Boats off shore were telling us it was nice offshore so a sailboat finally got their anchor up about noon Sunday. They headed out and reported back that it was nice once you cleared the bay. We fought the anchor up about 2 o'clock in 45 kt. winds and headed offshore. It was great once we cleared the bay, 8 ft seas with a long period. About midnight a storm hit us with 14 ft. seas and 30 kt. winds. We were taking 25 degree rolls even with the stabilizers working full bore. My wife had never been to sea before and she thought the boat was going to roll over. Actually the boat is very sturdy and we were at no risk, but getting beat up pretty good. About 6 in the morning the seas subsided and we had smooth sailing the rest of the way to Cabo. Monday we rested from the storm and Tuesday we put a couple of trolls out, catching 3 Dolphin and a Wahoo. Wed morning we entered Cabo, made plane reservations and flew out Thursday morning. I got home to Port A today and am going to get the catheter out Monday morning. I feel great and will probably be fine. The trip turned out to be a bigger adventure than we planned but alls well that ends well!