BV tuna

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by wacker, May 13, 2009.

1. wacker

wacker Senior Member

Thanks TJ, Two of these fell to the Kamodo Monday night. Water was rough and everything on the shelf was dirty Nasty water.

Attached Files:

2. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

wacker,

good catches you got there, is that Surfside Marina ?

3. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

good job on the tuna.. how did the don smith handle the slop??

5. wacker

wacker Senior Member

good job on the tuna.. how did the don smith handle the slop??

Well I am still alive! It was just plain nasty out there, The boat did well and ran dry for the most part. The down hill ride home was a breeze.
    Cabo, Yea that is surfside, And without danials help fixing the gremlins The trip would of never happened.

6. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Yo Wacker,

How's it going? Coming back to Texas and fighting our seas makes you appreciate Panama. I gave it a try a few weeks ago and we turned around after taking a severe beating for an hour.

I'll never forget around Christmas when I was in Costa Rica.The Capt left the dock in the bay and told me it was going to be rough once we hit the Pacific. My wife was with me and she overheard the Capt. She whispered to me something like "Honey, we're on vacation, I don't want to fight the seas all day. If I wink at you, that means tell the Capt to turn around". I said OK.

Well, she thinks of rough as 6-8s 3 seconds apart. She went down in the cabin and put on her foul weather gear as she doesn't like a saltwater shower in a boat. After we hit the Pacific and were offshore, we both looked at each other and wondered why the Capt was warning us.

The seas were probably 3-4s but twenty feet apart with zero white caps. I told the Capt that I pray for days like this in Texas. He told me it was rough for CR standards. Those guys have it made as far as sea conditions in CR and Panama. My leg and arm muscles are usually sore just from hanging on to the boat when fishing out of Texas.

Glad to see someone was able to get to BV and catch some tuna. It's been rough. I'm going down this weekend to fish on a 42'. I think the other guys are more interested in playing poker and drinking than fishing. I have a gut feeling that the drinking and staying up all night playing cards will cause the boat to stay at the dock Saturday morning.:mad: I'm working on option #2 just in case that happens.

7. wacker

wacker Senior Member

Yea, Panama would think there was a hurricain if they say what we were fishing in. I am glade it was dark so I couldnt see how bad it really was.

8. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

Hey !! we are not pussy's here in Panama , just spoiled SOB's , we are getting some precipitation here the last few days , so guys don't forget to bring your rain gear in case , the good thing , the Yft's are all over the place

Congrats Jim nice catches !

9. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

I have a group going monday/tues next week (we hope) forecast is NOT looking good!

10. panamasportfishinglodge

Yo Wacker,

How's it going? Coming back to Texas and fighting our seas makes you appreciate Panama. I gave it a try a few weeks ago and we turned around after taking a severe beating for an hour.

I'll never forget around Christmas when I was in Costa Rica.The Capt left the dock in the bay and told me it was going to be rough once we hit the Pacific. My wife was with me and she overheard the Capt. She whispered to me something like "Honey, we're on vacation, I don't want to fight the seas all day. If I wink at you, that means tell the Capt to turn around". I said OK.

Well, she thinks of rough as 6-8s 3 seconds apart. She went down in the cabin and put on her foul weather gear as she doesn't like a saltwater shower in a boat. After we hit the Pacific and were offshore, we both looked at each other and wondered why the Capt was warning us.

The seas were probably 3-4s but twenty feet apart with zero white caps. I told the Capt that I pray for days like this in Texas. He told me it was rough for CR standards. Those guys have it made as far as sea conditions in CR and Panama. My leg and arm muscles are usually sore just from hanging on to the boat when fishing out of Texas.

Glad to see someone was able to get to BV and catch some tuna. It's been rough. I'm going down this weekend to fish on a 42'. I think the other guys are more interested in playing poker and drinking than fishing. I have a gut feeling that the drinking and staying up all night playing cards will cause the boat to stay at the dock Saturday morning.:mad: I'm working on option #2 just in case that happens.

Mr.Bill , I'm sure you have extra Scotch in case ( plan #2) either way i'm sure you are going to have fun ,good luck!

11. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Good job Jim. John is spoiled in Panama. We live in a washing machine.

12. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Mr.Bill , I'm sure you have extra Scotch in case ( plan #2) either way I'm sure you are going to have fun ,good luck!

Actually, plan #2 is another boat.:) I'm not worried about the Scotch inventory. It never runs dry if I have anything to do with the purchasing.:)
    The guys I'm going with are big Grey Goose martini drinkers. I'll belt down a few before switching to the Scotch.:D

13. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

tell him to drink manhattans, extra dry......much better than vodka martinis

14. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

bret...they want to make it to dinner..not pass out =D

15. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

ohhh, well in that case hold off on the manhattans until after dinner, lol

16. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

A Manhattan is a great drink if you prefer Bourbon. I really don't like Bourbon. I also don't like Vermouth in any drink, even a Martini. I'm also not into any drink that uses a cherry. So, strike Manhattan's off my go to list.:)

I'm an easy guy to please. I like my cocktails to be simple. All I really need is the bottle (Scotch) a big glass or Styrofoam cup and some ice. Water is nice as I like it half and half. But, ice melts if no water is around.:D

I hate setting up for a party. You have to buy soda, tonic, coke, sprite, cranberry juice, limes, lemons, beer, wine, etc. You need shakers, knife, cutting board, blender, cherry's, napkins, etc. If most people were like me, it wouldn't be a PITA to set up bar. I don't mind beer heads because they just want it cold.

17. panamasportfishinglodge

Good job Jim. John is spoiled in Panama. We live in a washing machine.

I have fish the south east coast for 30 years ( weather kick my ass 89% of the time ), then I got smart , I moved to almost paradise , just need better cell signal at the lodge , always something , never happy

18. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

A Manhattan is a great drink if you prefer Bourbon. I really don't like Bourbon. I also don't like Vermouth in any drink, even a Martini. I'm also not into any drink that uses a cherry. So, strike Manhattan's off my go to list.:)
    i usually strike the cherry, and just coat the glass with vermouth.......i dont like a lot of vermouth either

yeah scotch on the rocks is tough to beat. had some this past saturday night :)

19. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I have fish the south east coast for 30 years ( weather kick my ass 89% of the time ), then I got smart , I moved to almost paradise , just need better cell signal at the lodge , always something , never happy

No cell signal? Shit, I am moving to Panama just for this reason alone. You may have to push me out the door when I visit this summer.