360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** I could not believe my eyes, I stumbled upon a BNIB Saltiga Z40 by a 100% positive feedback seller Ottostackleworld in Australia. Pricey at $542 US dollars but well worth it IMO, I pulled the trigger. Still in disbelief after my payment I asked seller: "is this listing for the Saltiga Z40?" Two days later I got my answer: "yes, it is for the Saltiga Z40, regards Jay" so...I did not mess up, I got the confirmation, it was not a typo error in the listing.

AEE60D90-10D7-4535-9BC8-3628C22EC893.png

*** Another day or so went buy... and I got a message thru eBay saying:

2DD238FE-359E-40BD-BB43-91E922B07272.png

*** Take notice: message had an attachment offering me an alternative: the new and cheaper Saltiga model, mind you a commonly available reel and readily available for $389, by no means a rare find and much less desirable trade off, I immediately declined the unreasonable offer and placed a dispute with my credit card co. I got my refund.
This morning I got a surprise, not only did Ottostackleworld re-listed the Saltiga Z40 but now they added: (1) sold (1) available. Therefore no listing error since this listing was altered to read: they had 2 and 1 remained available (original listing said: 1 available and after my purchase it said: "none remaining")
What gives? Now they have two? Is another potential buyer going to pull the trigger only to be told "sorry we made a listing mistake" and be offered the late model as an alternative?
Needless to say very disappointing with what looks like a bait and switch.

37A45399-C746-4646-B87A-4417016CA7A4.png

·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve always heard good things about them.I've satisfactorily purchased many items from Australia and will continue to do so.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I saw the same listing two weeks ago. It had a different picture. What gave it away is a bnib z40 comes with the adjustable handle. I've always been a firm believer in showing the actual product just to be certain. I'm shocked since they sell a lot and have good feed back. That's a shame.

·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the same listing two weeks ago. It had a different picture. What gave it away is a bnib z40 comes with the adjustable handle. I've always been a firm believer in showing the actual product just to be certain. I'm shocked since they sell a lot and have good feed back. That's a shame.
So is not like they "just made an error as they claim" they have this eBay listing for weeks... and after my experience and opening a dispute in eBay, Ottostackleworld CONTINUES TO RUN THEIR Z40 listing in eBay, actually they run two similar adds.
89259692-7B59-4328-B92F-2985F87F50C7.png

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yup. That wasn't even the same pic the first time. It looked like the newer saltiga's with a z40 title. Shady business brother.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Since the beginning of the year they’ve changed . Once shimano told them they couldn’t sell to America .. they turned into hustlers

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is lame, sounds like they are trying to scam someone who hasn't done their research. I ordered from their website earlier this year with no issues, super fast shipping, well packaged. Leave negative feedback if you can.

·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It doesn’t make any sense, they have great ratings, so I went ahead and shelled out my $544 dollars, only to be told “we can send you the new Saltiga” the new 40 which alpha2omega sells in eBay for $389 and free ship. Their bait and switch add still up in eBay, what gives?

·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lmao nah man!!! The passion runs deep bro! I search for a bunch of things on Ebay but saltiga takes the top spot!
I check Saltiga 30T and Saltiga SA40 in eBay at least twice a day. I'll buy them all if I could.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Like Nick above said that's probably mistake I bought probably 15-20 reels from them and never had problems at all and will continue buying with confidence

·
Registered
7 Posts
there are better sellers than them over here I use them occasionally but find that Davos Tackleworld is quite often cheaper and faster in their delivery.
Like Nick above said that's probably mistake I bought probably 15-20 reels from them and never had problems at all and will continue buying with confidence

1 - 20 of 24 Posts