brrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by Bret, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Man, talk about your extreme temps.. it was nearly 80 degrees yesterday.. and now its 30 with a wind chill of about 12.. here in DFW. you had better cover your "tender vegetation" if you venture outside.. maybe this cool spell will get the deer and pigs moving to some feed.. I hunted a little bit this weekend in the hill country. while cleaning up a rent house....
    with the combo of the full moon and tons of acorns.. i saw zero.. ( I dont know how the oaks produced so much with so little rainfall this year)

2. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Yea, it's 38 here in South Texas. The moon didn't help the guys at the floater's this weekend. I heard the tuna fishing was very slow with rough seas.

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Yea, it's 38 here in South Texas. The moon didn't help the guys at the floater's this weekend. I heard the tuna fishing was very slow with rough seas.
    I was wondering if anyone sneeked out there.. Dang thats a haul for nada..
    hopefully the weather windows will become a little longer.. they have been open and shut for a while now..

4. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

It was very poor fishing for tuna. The boat did much better on dorado.

PS: Got my first wormy AJ this trip.

5. SRUPP

SRUPP Junior member

man thats not cold..sheesh we pulled out our cow elk 3 days ago from 24 inches of snow and the temp..-37 Celcius...took 5 hours...now THATS cold hunting lol
    welcome to Canadian winters

cheers

Steven

6. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

SRUPP,
    I lived in Jackson, Wyoming so do know what cold is.

7. SRUPP

SRUPP Junior member

lol..yes JY can be bitterly cold..,even MORE so with the WINDS..BRRRRRRRR

cheers

I am getting ready for spring grizzly season ..planning getting gear from Cabelas USA..boats etc etc etc lol

cheers

Steven

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

very windy here in DFW today

9. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

We had snow still here in Carolina 3 days ago......yesterday it was in the 70's and like summer. Went down to the city lake and talked to the bank fishermen. Did you know worms now come in their own little worm cooler?