360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyones thought about bridal rigging live bait useing a rigging needle to thread a rubber band through the nose of bait then attatch it to the hook? I have been told it keeps the bait alive for a wicked long time and also helps to set the hood since the hood is free from the bait.

·
Site Sponsor
751 Posts
Should work. I've also used a small zip tie cut on a diagonal and gently pushed thru eye sockets then "zipped" down with hook under the tie. Very quick and no tools needed.

G

·
Whats everyones thought about bridal rigging live bait useing a rigging needle to thread a rubber band through the nose of bait then attatch it to the hook? I have been told it keeps the bait alive for a wicked long time and also helps to set the hood since the hood is free from the bait.

you using bunker? those little braces sized rubber bands work well for them. wouldnt use them on a bonito unless they were a bit bigger but for bukner theyre convenient and fast.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes Bret I would be using them on bunker and mackeral. Have you noticed if they stay alive longer when rigging through the nose or through the eye socket, just in front of the eyeball?

·
5,700 Posts
Last OK thru the nose, but they last longer with eye socket bridling , as nose hooking limits the flow of water to the gills

·
361 Posts
Pretty sure bridal rigging is quite different from bridle rigging. There are laws against lip hooking your new wife.

·
724 Posts
Pretty sure bridal rigging is quite different from bridle rigging. There are laws against lip hooking your new wife.

I was sorta wondering how you get a bride to tolerate that?

Some new kind of body piercing I suppose.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it works wonders on making her shut up... the trick is to do it while she is sleeping

sorry for the typo, good thing fish dont care if i can spell

·
797 Posts
I have been told it keeps the bait alive for a wicked long time

you heard right....... but as for thru the nose, i couldn't say

kite fishing, that's the only way we rig bait (w/rubber bands)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts