360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,I just found this site and hope to lean alot of new a cool stuff from others in rod building.Anyone soing bass rods or is it mostly offshore here?

·
4,723 Posts
Hey guys,I just found this site and hope to lean alot of new a cool stuff from others in rod building.Anyone soing bass rods or is it mostly offshore here?

Welcome to 360tuna. We do mostly offshore stuff here. :) I'm sure there are some bass enthusiasts on here you can share info with, just ask around.

·
3,165 Posts
Welcome aboard! If it swims there will be someone on the site to help out.

Couldn't agree more w/chf1949..if it has fins, swims, and swallows water, I'll garantee ya someone on here is building sumthing to catch it...lol

astro..

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
Not sure if there are many bass rod builders that post frequently. (if so then at least they're not sharing their pix ;))

I personally haven't built any bass rods yet, mainly because there are so many good factory rods out there and I just have too many offshore blanks to finish! But I know there are several guys doing some neat inshore stuff (like using micro guides) that could translate to freshwater rods...

Welcome to the Forum and be sure to share your work! :)

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts

I build quite a few sticks on bass blanks from US but for our local species like barramundi and pink snapper (not related to the lutjanid snappers from US). I just been for a swim so will freshen up and put up some pics af a few builds

·
659 Posts
Welcome aboard! Be careful, if you hang out here enough you are going to catch the disease! This is an illness for whitch there is NO CURE, your only hope will be to treat the symptoms with periodic doses of blue water and large fish with nasty attitude. I even attempted to have a tunaectomy at one stage several years back with disastrous results ( it nearly killed me) the only way I survived it was to spend several days down in Venice holed up on a boat with a stella and a bag full of poppers! Even after that it was several months and a number of tuna fishing trips before the night sweats and nervous ticks went away. My family even threatened to send me to rehab in montana (till they remembered I also love killing things that breath air)

Again, welcome!
a reformed bass adict!:D

G

·
with the new rod blanks that we are currently bringing to market some might think they are rods for flipping to bass but with their amazing ability to take the loads and have such great action the tuna are just going to surrender and jump in the boat....lol

welcome to the site and good luck.....rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts