360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,386 Posts
Has anyone tried the Sato crimp system ? It is used on So.Cal. long range. I am wondering how well it would work on a heavy spinning reel ??

Haven't used them or tested them for a couple reasons:

--Casting metal through my guides sounds like asking for trouble.

--It's hard to imagine the small crimps passing my cycled-load test.

·
781 Posts
Crimps/gear get expensive,reel quick.

The Izor rep was showing us a way of doing a nail knot on your mono/flouro and then running it into your hollow spectra and the securing it with nail knots instead of using crimps.
They been using it this year on a number of trips with no failures. And it's REALLY slick.

·
724 Posts
I use 40# JB hollow and tie a nail knot when building my leaders. I also use the Jerry Brown glue system in conjuction with the nail knot. If you do this properly you shouldn't have problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Контроллер телефона с возможностью скачивать смс и журнал звонков.
Любой человек имеет возможность читать чужие смс и смотреть журнал звонков за последние 3 месяца, даже если их удалили с телефона.
Проверьте своего любимого или любимую. Как говорится - доверяй, но проверяй.
Ссылка на САЙТ PHONE CONTROLER

·
196 Posts
Do you have a demo or a link to a procedure how to do this? Thank you,BWD

Crimps/gear get expensive,reel quick.

The Izor rep was showing us a way of doing a nail knot on your mono/flouro and then running it into your hollow spectra and the securing it with nail knots instead of using crimps.
They been using it this year on a number of trips with no failures. And it's REALLY slick.

·
781 Posts
I'll see what I can find, but it did not use a stir tik or a prop, other than to pull the tag ends. I wish I had some kind of drawing program like my old mobilphone had, I can draw it better than explain the knot.
Maybe try Grogs animated knots?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts