Braid tantrum jig

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by jiggawhat, Nov 25, 2008.

1. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

I was at gander mt. and they had braid tantrum jigs on clearence.All the clearance was buy 5 get five free! Anyone used these jigs?I thought they looked good but they have a single hook on the bottom....should i change to assist hooks?

2. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Dang, I will check out Gander Mountain here in Tyler. I doubt they have them here, but I love the Long Hammer 7 ounce series for fast jigging. It is very similar to the Shimano butterfly jig.

3. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

yeah i got ten jigs for 35 BUCKS (PINK AND GLOW, AND BLUE RUNNER).PRETTY BAD AZZ DEAL I THINK. I ALSO GOT A BUNCH OF CRIPPLED HERRINGS THAT I THOUGHT ID TRY. I THINKIN OF GOING TO THE OTHER LOCATION TO SEE IF THEY HAVE ANYMORE.

4. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

yeah i got ten jigs for 35 BUCKS (PINK AND GLOW, AND BLUE RUNNER).PRETTY BAD AZZ DEAL I THINK. I ALSO GOT A BUNCH OF CRIPPLED HERRINGS THAT I THOUGHT ID TRY. I THINKIN OF GOING TO THE OTHER LOCATION TO SEE IF THEY HAVE ANYMORE.

Awesome! What models? Those crippled herrings catch fish too. I've caught bonita to 150 pound sharks with little crippled herrings.

5. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

TANTRUM HAMMER JIGS 3.75 OUNCE,7 OUNCE 6 BUCKS. CRIPPLED ALL SIZES 2 BUCKS. BUT IF YOU BUY FIVE ITS LIKE PAYING HALF THAT. I LIVE IN FLA SO THEY MIGHT NOT BE ON SALE WHERE U LIVE.

6. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

TANTRUM HAMMER JIGS 3.75 OUNCE,7 OUNCE. CRIPPLED ALL SIZES 2 BUCKS. BUT IF YOU BUY FIVE ITS LIKE PAYING HALF THAT. I LIVE IN FLA SO THEY MIGHT NOT BE ON SALE WHERE U LIVE.

Man, that is awesome. I can't stand paying big bucks for jigs, so I am a big fan of the braid products, OTI, Crippled Herrings, River to Sea, Williamson, and Diamond jigs.

7. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

YEAH I ONLY BUY JIGS ON SALE. PAYIN $20 BUCKS FOR A JIG IS FOR THE RICH PEOPLE. iM JIGGING ON A BUDGET. iTS TECHNIQUE NOT WHAT U CAN AFFORD.

8. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Should i remove the single hook on the bottom and go with a assist hook?