Bracket for spinning rod

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by jb2c, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jb2c

jb2c Guest

Anybody point me to a bracket for a spinner? I know I've seen pics of one recetnly, but a search is pulling up nothing. I want to use a small plate and a bracket on the rod to fight the fish.

JB

2. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Thunder down under ???

3. jb2c

jb2c Guest

Assuming that's a bracket, where can I see pics on it and where can I buy it? Would this work better tha the AFtco fighting harness for spin strap?

JB

4. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

have you look into Reel colors rod rings?

Braid makes a reel rest. Braid Products

Attached Files:

5. jb2c

jb2c Guest

Still not finding what I need for a spinning rod bracket. The Braid is just a canvas strap with Drings. Not what I want. Reel Colors seems to be sized only for the Unibutts. My reel seat is 1.00" diameter, and I'd have to have a 2 piece bracket since the butt is not removeable. They only offer the 2 piece bracket in a 1.17" ID ring. The one on Ebay is blue and I need silver. Also, that one says 1 1/4" ID so sounds like it would be too large also. Neither one specifies how much range of adjustment they have. So I assume the measurement they give is with the screw tightened down as far as it will go.

Am I missing something here? Hard to believe no one is making a bracket for spinning jiggers.

JB

6. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Still not finding what I need for a spinning rod bracket. The Braid is just a canvas strap with Drings. Not what I want. Reel Colors seems to be sized only for the Unibutts. My reel seat is 1.00" diameter, and I'd have to have a 2 piece bracket since the butt is not removeable. They only offer the 2 piece bracket in a 1.17" ID ring. The one on Ebay is blue and I need silver. Also, that one says 1 1/4" ID so sounds like it would be too large also. Neither one specifies how much range of adjustment they have. So I assume the measurement they give is with the screw tightened down as far as it will go.

Am I missing something here? Hard to believe no one is making a bracket for spinning jiggers.

JB

You can have your local machine shop build you an insert for the rod rings that will fit your reel seat.

The problem you are going to run into is that your putting a lot of pressure on the plastic(assuming) reel seat in a small 1/4 inch or less pressure point. The reel seat wasn't made for that. The braid web strap puts the pressure on a wider(although not much) pressure point. The guys that are strapping in a lot have rods built with aluminum reel seats with the one piece rod rings installed in the build up.

d-a

7. jb2c

jb2c Guest

That's why I got the Sea Magic with the aluminum reel seat. I knew I wanted to use the bracket with it. But now I can't find a bracket!

JB