Brabus HS 186 vs Shibuki 186

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Did anyone try Brabus HS 186 ?
    Brabus and Shibuki are basically same, but Soul makes Brabus HS 186 heavier to cast farther. I am wondering how the extra weight of the lure affect action. In fact, the weighted Brabus HS 186 is about $5 expensive than Shibuki 186 or Brabus F 186.

2. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Brabus is 30 grams heavier than Shibuki according the box, but it's only 10-15 grams different when I put on the digital scale.
    It's same manufacture with different brand but Soul(Brabus) makes nice color selection than Tackle House(Shibuki).

3. gman

gman Senior Member

Andy/Anuvat has had tremendous success with them this year in Cape Cod. I used them in Panama and they worked great on yellowfins as well plus I like the colors better as they have some really cool colors like white, mahi ...

I would only assume that they basically took the design of the shibuki and scaled it slightly larger for added weight therefore in theory it should swim identical. The red belly one has really been the hot color in the Cape

4. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Sato san of Soul participated in developing Shibuki lures and Brabus lures are upgraded lures of Shibuki. Good to know the extra weight didn't hamper the action of the lures. It definitely cast farther with extra weight.

5. cbaker77

cbaker77 Site Sponsor

to be honest i dont think one works any better than the other but brabus does have a better color selection. Like glenn said though, orange or red belly in either the brabus or shibuki is deadly at the cape. Though the brabus casts a bit farther in most cases i dont think it is necessary. As most of us know, lures and their flashy colors are made to catch fishermen. Put a lure in front of a hungry fish and it will eat regardless of the color. Action is most important. When coming to the cape just make sure you have a swimmer (shibuki), stickbait (dorado slider) and sluggos and you have the bases covered.

6. Anuvat

Anuvat Senior Member

I would have to say it's all a matter of preference. I personally like the Brabus 186HS more so than the Shibuki because I can cast it further than the shibuki (since I'm using a "shorter" and stiffer rod)and it also sinks faster. I have a few buddies who actually prefer the Shibuki because they seems to think the light Shibuki produces better action in the water. They both work wonders in my book and I love it more everyday and either way you can't go wrong.

Attached Files:

• bb1.jpg
      bb1.jpg
      File size:
      45 KB
      Views:
    • bb2.jpg
      bb2.jpg
      File size:
      39.3 KB
      Views:
  7. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

JESUS!!!! IS THAT A TACKLE SHOP OR WHAT?!! I WISH I HAVE THAT MUCH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE TIME....

8. toppuntawong

Andy/Anuvat has had tremendous success with them this year in Cape Cod. I used them in Panama and they worked great on yellowfins as well plus I like the colors better as they have some really cool colors like white, mahi ...

I would only assume that they basically took the design of the shibuki and scaled it slightly larger for added weight therefore in theory it should swim identical. The red belly one has really been the hot color in the Cape

Which one? Andy or Anuvat? I am confuse Glenn...

9. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

andy- alot of those look familiar! i like the white ones. im gonna have to get some of them

10. Anuvat

Anuvat Senior Member

andy- alot of those look familiar!;)
    ;)

11. gman

gman Senior Member

Which one? Andy or Anuvat? I am confuse Glenn...

Im still not talking to you

12. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

so where is a good place to buy some extra weighted Brabus?

I've got a tuna trip Nov 20-22 on the Big E, would like to try them out

thanks

13. d-a

d-a Senior Member

JESUS!!!! IS THAT A TACKLE SHOP OR WHAT?!! I WISH I HAVE THAT MUCH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE TIME....

That's nothing young Topper:cool:

d-a

14. gman

gman Senior Member

That's nothing young Topper:cool:

d-a

He was joking topper has more tackle than all of us combined

15. d-a

d-a Senior Member

He was joking topper has more tackle than all of us combined

Looks like you need to stop by Andy's and grab the Mahi colored one. He wouldn't miss it.

d-a

16. gman

gman Senior Member

Looks like you need to stop by Andy's and grab the Mahi colored one. He wouldn't miss it.

d-a

LOL I found one already and its rigged and ready to go to the cape

17. d-a

d-a Senior Member

LOL I found one already and its rigged and ready to go to the cape

Good

A lot of the tuna i caught late in the year last year had small mahi's(6-8inch) in them.

d-a

18. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

That Mahi colored Brabus is a great looking lure. I was very upset with a buddy this year as I had a nice size wahoo at the boat with the Mahi lure. I was fortunate that the Hoo didn't cut my mono leader. I had no control over the situation when my buddy turned the boat the wrong way and my line got cut by the props.:mad: Loosing the lure hurt more than loosing the Hoo.

I have one Mahi colored brabus left and will not fish it until I see more for sale. I also love the color schemes of the brabus line. I've found that the weight difference is very very small between the shibuki and the brabus. It might cast a little bit farther, but not enough to make a big difference.

The Brabus line of colors seem to be more transparent to me. Hold one up to a light bulb vs a shibuki and you will see what I mean. See below link. The Mahi is the second one from the top in the first photo.

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f3/shibuki-internal-view-3730/

19. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

andy- alot of those look familiar! i like the white ones. im gonna have to get some of them

dang! thats where they all went!

:confused: :cool:

20. toppuntawong

Im still not talking to you

Glenn...when are we going to dinner? :D :D