360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I bought my first Accurate reel...for jigging. I bought the 2-speed Boss Accurate 870C with cast control. Looks like a pretty nice addition to my jigging arsenal. Can't wait to try it !!

·
2,924 Posts
congrats, thats a great reel. I recently changed over to accurate reels as well with 2 665 2 speeds. I have been impressed as hopefully you will at the quality and sheer pulling power of those reels

Hope they raise fish for you

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty impressed with the feel of the reel....you can tell that it's well built. I hope to use it in Venice later this month.

·
17 Posts
great reel .. i have a buddy that mates on a charter boat in Homer Alaska and that is the reel he uses .. and all he dose is jig

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
This weekend I bought my first Accurate reel...for jigging. I bought the 2-speed Boss Accurate 870C with cast control. Looks like a pretty nice addition to my jigging arsenal. Can't wait to try it !!
I played with 870 two-speed on NZ trip in April. Even the reel is very small you can catch big tuna on it as you can use 25 lbs drag at strike without any stiffness which is common on many small lever drag reels.
But don't try it for cow over 200 lbs when you go to Puerto Vallarta. :)

Your next step is to buy 665 two-speed. I fall in love with this reel. :)

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your next step is to buy 665 two-speed. I fall in love with this reel. :)

What kind of fishing do you do with the Accurate 665? (i.e. Jigging, chunking...etc.) Also...do you have the 665 wide or narrow reel?

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
What kind of fishing do you do with the Accurate 665? (i.e. Jigging, chunking...etc.) Also...do you have the 665 wide or narrow reel?
tuna, what else ? :)
I have 665. It gives enough line capacity.
There are only two model. 665 and 665W.

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol...I asked the question before I thought about it.....because now that I think about it....I'm sure you use the 665 for jigging....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts