blue heaven L 120 R

Discussion in 'Reel Repair' started by alantani, Jan 30, 2009.

1. OutCast

OutCast Senior Member

Really enjoy your art Alan thanks

2. bay bruiser

bay bruiser Senior Member

Alan did you ever get payment for your work on this reel?

3. alantani

alantani Senior Member

no, but that's ok. he needed the money more than i did......

4. wadefisherman

wadefisherman Tuna Club Member

Hey Alantani,

I opened and clearned both of my jigging master reels (pe6 and pe8). They both have carbon fiber drags.

5. alantani

alantani Senior Member

thanks for that. anyone out there have a contact so that i can order some drag washers? there are probably more then a few that need replacing......

6. bay bruiser

bay bruiser Senior Member

Not really a good look for a moderator :(

Especially given the comment "More than satisfied!"

7. alantani

alantani Senior Member

it took me almost a year to figure the damned reel out. probably 2-3 solid days worth of work, which is why i procrastinated so long. i knew that going in. i should have just sent it back and said "no mas," but it was getting personal at that point. hell, i yanked on that left side plate bearing for an hour before i figured out that it was flanged on the backside. oh, and the drag washer. i cut a half dozen before i finally got two that were right.

if someone walked in off the street and wanted me to figure out this reel for the first time and pay me by the hour, then post this up, he would have gotten a $3k bill. few posts are this bad, but that should give you an idea of the work involved. looking back on it, it's embarassing that i was actually worried about the service charge for that reel. i should have sent it back to him for free and added a letter of apology. plus, the guy no longer fishes. his daughter had cancer. i don't remember what type, but i started out as a pediatric pharmacist and i remember thinking that it was bad. she is probably no longer with us, and fishing is probably the furthest thing from his mind.

and for the record, if we ever cross paths, i will be the one apologizing to him.......