360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Fellows .. is there any one has any knowledge about black hole jigging rods ans it's manufacturing technology .. ??
I become an exclusive dealer of Black Hole in the US.
I helped them to develop 'Cape Cod Special' model for jigging and popping which I am going to carry soon.
They are one of the leader in the world of new super carbon rods which they have sold for two years while other rod comapanies are in developing stage or just started to make new carbon rods. The Black Hole company provided rods 100 percent to Japan market before they started their own brand 10 years ago and becomes leading company in Korea with excellent quality and after-service reputation.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can I know more about this rod .. price? .. pictures ?.. performance .. ?? sizes .. ?? specifications .. ?? also how to buy it .. ??

·
1 Posts
can I know more about this rod .. price? .. pictures ?.. performance .. ?? sizes .. ?? specifications .. ?? also how to buy it .. ??

I hope you can read Korean, here's the link....

:: ¿£¿¡½º ::

Just look under the Saltwater lure tab.

·
2,753 Posts
here is a picture to start you off Amir. (btw, send me your PM again...my box was full at that time) ;)

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
I hope you can read Korean, here's the link....

:: ¿£¿¡½º ::

Just look under the Saltwater lure tab.
The Black Hole Cape Cod Special is a new development by the company and myself and you don't see it there even if you can read Korean. :)

I am going to visit the company in Korea next week to fininalize the product schedule after reviewing their samples of the rods.

They are considering two different levels of jigging rods. One is reasonably priced low priced rods and the other is high-end rods.
The prices of rods are not set, but it will be aroudn $350 - $400 for low priced rods and about $500 for high-end rods.

All Fuji SIC guides and Fuji reel seats will be used even for low priced rods with limited warranty. For high end rods, Fuji Titanium guides will be used with full one year warranty.

The length of the rods are as follows though they are not set yet.

450g : 5', 5'2" and 5'4"
350g : 5', 5'2" and 5'4"
250g : 5'2", 5'4" and 5'6"

They are going to use regular reel seats rather than trigger reel seats as well as regular rear grip instead of split grip.
Alluminum gimbals for conventional rods and rubber gimbals are used for spinning initially. But they plan to introduce rubber gimbal for conventional too.
Acid wrapped conventional rods are in their plan as welll as two-piece jigging rods.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Kil, when do you think we will see popping rods from them?
I am concentrating on jigging rods now. :)
The 8' Black Hole popping rod are pretty nice. It has pretty soft bend like glass rods. 16 oz weight of the 8' rod is not bad, but I like to reduce one or two once more. Besides, I like to have them a little more backbone. I am going to discuss with them about those matters when I visit Korea.

·
1,482 Posts
ill keep asking - i dont have any popping rods and i really think i would like a couple black hole ones for CC BFT this year. i will take suggestion on size and weight rating for what is usually caught in CC bay

·
146 Posts
For what it is worth I might add my 2c.I really like the trigger on that rod, some people may not but you should be able to choose with or without the trigger and split grip really puts A overall rich looking apeal to the rod.You also made mention to me on the phone the other day that you or they wanted to take the cork out of the equation on the fore grip and I believe that to be A mistake as it also allows for that rich offset look and even A few people on various other websites commented positively on the look of the corked foregrip. Just food for thought I believe I ordered 4 already from you and what ever your decision is it's alright by me.:D call me when you get A chance.:)

·
146 Posts
ill keep asking - i dont have any popping rods and i really think i would like a couple black hole ones for CC BFT this year. i will take suggestion on size and weight rating for what is usually caught in CC bay

LOL! You can keep asking but the guy your talking to doesn't move very quickly! business wise per say! but for a fish HE moves reel quick!!!!!!:eek: :D

·
1,482 Posts
LOL! You can keep asking but the guy your talking to doesn't move very quickly! business wise per say! but for a fish HE moves reel quick!!!!!!:eek: :D

well, i have two of the Black Holes CC Spls on the way, i havnt broken into popping rods yet, it will be a long time before i do, so im just hoping for a couple of black hole popping rods by october for my CCB BFT trip

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Black Hole popping rods should be here before bluefin season in CC Bay. :) I don't want to push one brand over other brands and I like to give options with quality products for customers to choose.
You can see tuna popping rods like OTI, Black Hole, JM, Ripple Fisher, Yamaga, Hots and Carpenter at my shop by spring.

·
1,482 Posts
Black Hole popping rods should be here before bluefin season in CC Bay. :) I don't want to push one brand over other brands and I like to give options with quality products for customers to choose.
You can see tuna popping rods like OTI, Black Hole, JM, Ripple Fisher, Yamaga, Hots and Carpenter at my shop by spring.

i will be traveling to NYC for work, so i will make sure that i make time to come to your shop.

i am need of some popping rods :)

·
117 Posts
Will Black Hole supply blanks for custom builds? Would love to see a 6' or 6'6" jigging spin rod for vertical yo-yo jigging (instead of shorter high speed rods). I have found shorter jigging rods to present problems on larger boats or boats with a high rail. Has anyone else found this to be an issue?

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
i will be traveling to NYC for work, so i will make sure that i make time to come to your shop.

i am need of some popping rods :)
Call me before you visit my shop as I go fishing often. :)

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Will Black Hole supply blanks for custom builds? Would love to see a 6' or 6'6" jigging spin rod for vertical yo-yo jigging (instead of shorter high speed rods). I have found shorter jigging rods to present problems on larger boats or boats with a high rail. Has anyone else found this to be an issue?
Black Hole blanks should be available soon.
The max length of jigging blank is about 5'7". The one piece popping blanks is upto 7'9" while there are three different length of two-piece popping blanks (7'6", 8' and 8'6").

Yes, shorter rods cause some problem when tuna charges under the boat, but you can not change your jigging style based on what type of boats you are on. :)

·
265 Posts
i cnat wait to get my 450 gram blank kil! i also did like the cork and split grip but if thats not in the plans then so be it. When i felt the rod in your store it felt GREAT!
Bobby

1 - 20 of 69 Posts