Black hole dark horse rod

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, and Trade' started by Adam C, May 25, 2016.

1. Adam C

Adam C New Member

I am looking at buying a dark horse black hole rod. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Thanks

2. Vang

Vang New Member

I have a Dark Horse B-662H2MF slow pitch rod, and I used it to catch black fin tuna, red grouper, mutton, and amber jack. It works 200g lures nicely, but my brother said it didn't have the right action. He uses a Poseidon long fall and a Synit, which is out of my price range. It's my first slow pitch rod and I like it.

3. Adam C

Adam C New Member

Thanks

4. flyguy

flyguy Senior Member

Vang - Can you provide more detail on what your brother doesnt like about the action of your rod?

5. Vang

Vang New Member

We had another three day trip in June and my brother used my Dark Horse a few times. We mostly did long fall and slow pitch. After using it, he regretted selling his Dark Horse to my other brother. I don't think he gave the rod a fair chance the first time he used it. I caught the majority of my fish on this rod and it handled decent sized red grouper without any problems, as long as you fight the fish correctly. I would recommend buying one as an entry level rod.

6. flyguy

flyguy Senior Member

Great, thanks for the info