360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 533 lbs swordfish was landed on an overnight trip on the Franes Fleet in RI last Oct. I think this is the biggest swordfish landed on any party boat.
The fork length was over 8 ft with a 66 inch girth.

·
406 Posts
I think they said it came up fast and if it was terry lyonns then it was caught with a penn 80w on a custom rod made by sgt major custom rods

·
857 Posts
omg you are sooooooo wrong those were the best tasting steak i have ever had.... and i have had alot of swordfish

·
4 Posts
Awesome batch of a lifetime !

(lurker unlurking)

I recently caught a 150lb swordfish in Kenya on a 50 Tiagra. Hooked it just before sunrise, and when it got light it dived and I spent 2 and a half hours fighting it. Hats of to the 30 minute fight! I reckon I need a dress and a handbag.

(back to lurking)

·
175 Posts
(lurker unlurking)

I recently caught a 150lb swordfish in Kenya on a 50 Tiagra. Hooked it just before sunrise, and when it got light it dived and I spent 2 and a half hours fighting it. Hats of to the 30 minute fight! I reckon I need a dress and a handbag.

(back to lurking)

Nico,

Wellcome aboard, leave the dress and handbag outside :)

Congrats to the Angler on a catch of a lifetime, the stars were all aligned.

·
5,706 Posts
For many years the largest Broadbill caught in Oz waters was 560# ( no need to ask who .. He He )
the largest is now a fish over 600# I believe.

·
122 Posts
Thats depressing, I had 3 overnighters scheduled on that boat last year between the end of september and october and they were all canceled due to weather. Then you see this...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts