1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More of a review than anything.

Found this beer on the east coast and the
lablel won me over.

Review

Percent of alcohol, excelent 7% listed, 7% plus rated as tested (tasted).

Taste , rated as 100% it has all the flavors- Full body-Strong- Bitter.
this is not your mom's beer.

Label, rated 110% as far as COOL goes.

Recomended use, buy 1 and save it, Drink a 6 pack if you want to get hammered.

In closeing the Tuna on a bottle of Beer was hard to pass up.

K2

W\ HICK UPS

Attachments

·
2,835 Posts
Last year, Central Market had that same brand featured in their beer section. But, it had a wahoo on the label. I couldn't resist and bought a six pack. I do remember that it was very good. I only live about 1/8 mile from Central Market and go there about three times a week. I'll check to see if they have the big eye or wahoo.

·
1,025 Posts
Cool beer. I may need to start drinking again!!

·
234 Posts
Bill,
Pick me up a six pack.

Jerry, if you are looking for a great beer, go to Liquid Town (or HEB Plus) and get a 6 pack of 1554 made by New Belgium Beer, if you dont like it, I'll grill you a Ribeye and a beer of your choice for breakfast.

·
444 Posts
Looks like they make 5 beers:

Yellowtail Pale Ale
Calico Amber Ale
Big Eye I.P.A.
Black Marlin Porter
Wahoo Wheat Beer

Sort of West Coast-centric! Very cool nontheless. They just need to expand their species! :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I enjoyed a few of those Marlin Porters one time. Very tasty. It's been my experience that beer tastes best around mid morning. A well brewed beer seems to settle the stomach. Problem is all the good beers taste best from a tap or in a bottle.
Rule #4 = bottle beverages not allowed on boat. (excludes hard stuff)

I have yet to enjoy a beer in a can. I won't allow light beers on a boat or in a hunting camp. Any body that drinks a lite beer is going to fish with light drags and shoot little caliber guns. They also consume no fat milk, turkey bacon, low fat cheese, fake butter, and all that other worthless garbage that has no taste.

Attachments

·
1,373 Posts
Jerry, if you are looking for a great beer, go to Liquid Town (or HEB Plus) and get a 6 pack of 1554 made by New Belgium Beer, if you dont like it, I'll grill you a Ribeye and a beer of your choice for breakfast.

You know I build a much better syeak than you do. Besides I've already bought some 1554.

Gunsmoke If we ever meet face to face I'll tell you of a canned beer I enjoyed and thats been over 40 years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts