Big rapalas on sale

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by jig, Aug 5, 2009.

1. jig

jig Senior Member

I saw these at Acadamy for $24.99. Half the price of a Shibuki. Maybe I'll bring a few to try next trip. :D

Seriously, who buys these things, the guys who buy the singing bass mounts? Do you hang it over your mantle?

2. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

Believe it or not, I saw a guy catch a large tuna on one of these a few years ago, just for kicks. No joke. Probably n exceedingly stupid tuna, but a tuna nonetheless.

3. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

How by trolling it?!?!?
    Did he use the original hooks??? Not sure why a tuna would attack something thats about its size, I can imagine it getting foul hooked by it.

I saw these at Acadamy for $24.99. Half the price of a Shibuki. Maybe I'll bring a few to try next trip. :D

Seriously, who buys these things, the guys who buy the singing bass mounts? Do you hang it over your mantle?

4. hamptonsurf

Nope, switched the hooks out and trolled it like a teaser. actually tracked pretty well for a joke wall hanger. Like a big juicy bluefish in the propwash.

5. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Their supposed to be for decoration I believe. But who knows, someone always willing to try something new.

6. hamptonsurf

it was just for kicks.....you guys are so serious.

7. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Decorations or not, I don't see how they get those things made for such a cheap price.

However, there are still some great custom made giant poppers. My wife paid over $400 (11 years ago) for this hand turned red tide cypress which was hand painted. It was a birthday present. It loads a rod in a hurry.:D

Attached Files:

8. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

I am laughing my ass off mr bill.

9. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

Decorations or not, I don't see how they get those things made for such a cheap price.

However, there are still some great custom made giant poppers. My wife paid over $400 (11 years ago) for this hand turned red tide cypress which was hand painted. It was a birthday present. It loads a rod in a hurry.:D

Do you have one of those too? cause Kil mentioned he has the exact one and he wanted to catch Whales with those up in cape cod... Well atleast he can look into the cheaper rapalas now! lolz...:p