360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these at Acadamy for $24.99. Half the price of a Shibuki. Maybe I'll bring a few to try next trip. :D

Seriously, who buys these things, the guys who buy the singing bass mounts? Do you hang it over your mantle?

·
1,262 Posts
Believe it or not, I saw a guy catch a large tuna on one of these a few years ago, just for kicks. No joke. Probably n exceedingly stupid tuna, but a tuna nonetheless.

·
580 Posts
How by trolling it?!?!?
Did he use the original hooks??? Not sure why a tuna would attack something thats about its size, I can imagine it getting foul hooked by it.

I saw these at Acadamy for $24.99. Half the price of a Shibuki. Maybe I'll bring a few to try next trip. :D

Seriously, who buys these things, the guys who buy the singing bass mounts? Do you hang it over your mantle?

·
1,262 Posts
Nope, switched the hooks out and trolled it like a teaser. actually tracked pretty well for a joke wall hanger. Like a big juicy bluefish in the propwash.

·
1,579 Posts
Their supposed to be for decoration I believe. But who knows, someone always willing to try something new.

·
2,835 Posts
Decorations or not, I don't see how they get those things made for such a cheap price.

However, there are still some great custom made giant poppers. My wife paid over $400 (11 years ago) for this hand turned red tide cypress which was hand painted. It was a birthday present. It loads a rod in a hurry.:D

Attachments

·
580 Posts
Decorations or not, I don't see how they get those things made for such a cheap price.

However, there are still some great custom made giant poppers. My wife paid over $400 (11 years ago) for this hand turned red tide cypress which was hand painted. It was a birthday present. It loads a rod in a hurry.:D

Do you have one of those too? cause Kil mentioned he has the exact one and he wanted to catch Whales with those up in cape cod... Well atleast he can look into the cheaper rapalas now! lolz...:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts