Big E?

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by TBaker, Sep 11, 2008.

1. TBaker

TBaker Senior Member

Good luck to everyone down there in Texas with Ike! I know Bret has evacuated and I hope everyone else in its path take the appropriate precautions and be safe!

Out of curiousity, what do they do with the Big E? Have they tried to move it or do they try to ride it out there in Freeport?

2. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

I called them this morning to wish them the best and to ask that very question on the way down to POC to pick up my giant offshore machine (17 foot Flats Cat:) ) But they had already closed until Monday at the very earliest. As of last night, a 15 foot surge was expected at POC and my shed is at about 10 feet. But now it looks like it won't be anything like Carla in '61--at least not there. I also helped buddy board up his windows in Seadrift one street over from the waterfront. :eek:

Russ

3. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

i saw a post about Elliots and a storm gate??? maybe they put em in there with the crew boats.

4. Underwater Expeditions

Underwater Expeditions Site Sponsor

Tied up to the docks in Freeport, we invited Action Charters to join us. The M/V Spring and Fling are at Elliott's dock down the way. We are behind the flood gate and they have closed the train tressel. Ann's Dream parked on our turff, but oh well. There are app. dozen yachts and small head boats anchored in the river.(Scary!) Anyways Monty, his wife, Raul , Josh, Mickey, Robert and myself alsong with 4dogs! Monty's wife and I went shopping yesterday, so all the guys will be taken care of. WE are all doing fine, winds are arond 30mph up to 45 gusting earlier today. I am taking lots of pics, will try to post in a.m., but right now all the guys are bay fishing from a little flat bottom boat we have stored here. Will report in a.m depending on weather conditions.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evonn

5. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Good luck to all at the Big E. I hope and pray that everyone stays safe.

Thanks for the great trip this past weekend.

6. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Best of luck to you all on the Big E!! I'm sure you all will be fine behind the floodgate. Keep them engines running!!

Happy to have fished with you all last week!! Had a great time. Looking forward to my next trip in November.

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

7. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

All the best this weekend with the storm.

But since you are not fishing right now.

Would you list your top five Tex Mex dinners in your area?
    For those that don't know I've seen 10 in a 10 min area from the dock.
    All that I've tried in the recent years were good. 2-3 only

Any open at 6 am?

Kev

8. Underwater Expeditions

Palacious Mexican Rest. (lunch a good pick)//Maria's Kitchen//Lupitas (crew's #1 pick)

9. Formula4Fish

Formula4Fish Senior Member

I third the motion! Great trip last week. Y'all be safe, and take good care of the Big E... I'm counting on her in November.

By all means Evonn, post up some snapshots of where all the boats are secured.

10. Underwater Expeditions

I cannot "crop" the pic's small enough. I stink at that stuff. Got lots of them. Check out Fox they are doing reports here starting at 4am on the dock and will be here for the rest of the day tomm. they have camera crew and all!

11. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Good luck and be safe.

Tied up to the docks in Freeport, Evonn

12. Underwater Expeditions

I cannot "crop" the pic's small enough. I stink at that stuff. Got lots of them. Check out Fox they are doing reports here starting at 4am on the dock and will be here for the rest of the day tomm. they have camera crew and all!

13. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Good luck with the storm.

I as well had a great time last weekend!

14. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

ue thanks for the updates. i am also concerned about the storm surge in places like oyster creek as the house in hide-a-way on the gulf might have issues with the surge. being in oklahoma it is hard to get up to the minute information when something like this hits. i pray that you make it through this safely and without any damage as you may be my only way to the tuna after this storm......rick

15. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

Use this program to resize, also converts file types.

IrfanView - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

good luck to all. Safe Harbor!

16. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

Be careful down there. Steve

17. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

All my familiar flounder holes will have moved after this one. Gonna have to look for new ones now. :)

Be safe everyone!!

18. semipro

semipro Senior Member

Good luck for all,I pray for everybodys safety...

19. atunatado

atunatado Member

Good luck to you guys, be safe, write a post later on when you have a chance and let us know you are ok.

Carlos

20. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Inside San luis pass on a nice day.
    Close friends place on State Land
    This is last years photo.
    It just went through total revamp.
    New roof, new Hardy siding , new shutters
    new paint, new bunk beds and Hurricane clips
    at every structure joint. all of this work was this spring
    and summer. It sucks that the odds are you have a hit every
    20 years and get hit the 1st year of ownership and so much