Big E: Remember Texas Licence:

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Uncle Russ, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

I felt like this might get lost in the Big E threads: I doubt there are too many who don't know this already--but remember that you need a Texas fishing license--whether resident or non-resident--to bring fish back to the dock. This came to mind when I found that I had lost my Super Combo and had to call Parks and Wildlife. Since they don't start selling the new ones until August 1, I will be getting a $10.00 replacement at Academy.

If you have to buy one at this late date, get the cheapest one that will work for you--no combos etc. since they are only good for July.

So I got to thinking it might be nice to know where they sell licenses in the Freeport area. UWE tells me only one place (UWE is not permitted to sell them). And that is Buc-ee's at 4231 E. Highway 332. (979) 233-1639. They are open 24-7 and the manager tells me they sell licenses the whole time. The other Buc-ee's in the area do not have them available.

Russ

2. shanker

shanker Senior Member

It is possible to buy a 12 month from date of purchase license.

-Patrick

3. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Good to know. Thanks. I had no idea that was the case.

Russ

4. Muddskipper

Muddskipper Senior Member

It is possible to buy a 12 month from date of purchase license.

-Patrick

This is true...but a number of fisherman have had problems with this type because you can not buy another one until this one has fully expired.....so if your on a trip where this one will expire on one of the days....you can not buy another one....even if it is only one day till.....

PERSONALLY
    I have not purchased a fishing or hunting licence in over 3 years...and dont plan on it ever again...mostly because I got a lifetime licence 3 years ago..LOL...but I sure love saying that and watching guys start to climb on their soap box.......:D

5. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

Fished Venus La. Bought a fullyear non -resident license-90 bucks. Female gamewarden checked my license after trip . She said thanks for the donation .I asked "what donation?" Told me the only lincense a non resident needs to fish in La. is a valid state license from which you reside and over 65. Could have used the money to buy more beer.