Big E Price Changes/Trip Length Changes

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by STx Fisherman, Apr 21, 2009.

1. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

I just received a call from Underwater Expeditions about changes in their offshore trips, (time and $$).

I am booked on a 30 hr. trip in June and was informed that the trip will now be a 36 hour trip. Food and drink are going to be cut from the trip, (all fishermen will bring their own food & drink), and the new price is $650.

The extended trips, (36 and 60 hour trips), are intended to give fishermen more bottom fishing time.

So here are the new trips....

The 30 hour trips will become 36 hour trips and the new price is $650.
    The 52 hour trips will become 60 hour trips and the new price is $950.
    The 76 hour trips will remain the same.

2. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

Not that bad, although like myself i bet alot of people already have several trips planned that may have booked the Big E instead.

3. d-a

d-a Senior Member

pretty reasonable , Whos going?

Not me, they lost my business when they price gouged us at the beginning of the year

d-a

4. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Does anyone remember the previous prices with the meals included?

5. jig

jig Senior Member

24 Hour Tuna Trip: $600/person

*30 Hour Tuna Trip: $750/person

*52 Hour Tuna Trip: $1,150/person

*76 Hour Tuna Trip: $1,500/person

6. jig

jig Senior Member

I know everyone has to make money to stay in business. What I don't understand is how the SD boats do it, with less people, for much longer period of time, with much greater distances covered, with semi-private staterooms, TV and DVD players in each room, and all meals included, etc, etc. for less money!? Below is schedule from Q105 website:

Qualifier 105,Long Range Sportfishing, San Diego, California, Fishing Baja California

Their 7 day trips start at $1,495, 4 day at $1,150. Sound familier? Just killing time since I can't fish, but I can't figure it out.

And heres the Excel, same deal, more stuff for less money (7 heads and showers!) 5 day trips are $1,270, 6 day $1,525:

Long Range Sportfisher - The Excel

7. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Yeah SD seems like a great deal when you break it down by days. Can't beat the price.

Those extra 8 hours on the 60 hour should be good to get some additional bottom fishing in after the second tuna night. At least I hope that's what they're doing. Is the boat still leaving at the same time?

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

sucks!! now i wont be able to go since trip is longer. it was perfect schedule before so I could get back to work by monday.

also i rather chase tuna and other pelagics with extended trip.

9. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

60 hrs on the big E for $950 is damn-near doable for me.
    thanks for the adjustment, UE!!
    I may actually be able to go this year!

10. Kneal

Kneal Junior member

Anyone know how many Beers and Deer Sausage you can get into a 54 Quart Icechest?

11. Rainbowrunner

Rainbowrunner Fishing Guru

I personally don't know what the deal is with a bunch of meals on this trip is. I have been on 2 Big E trips, (yea, I know, I'm a rookie compared to some of you guys). But I'm going to fish, not to eat. An 8-piece fried chicken pack from Wal-Mart, some chips, a couple pieces of deer jerky, a case of bottled water, 12 pack of Bud Light and I'm a happy camper.

I think I'll call and see if I can get on the June trip.

Dale

12. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

now for the accountant that originaly raised the prices.......he should be cleanin that paper towel in the toilet valve clog with a straw!

13. feeder

feeder Senior Member

AFTER the full 60 hours are up of course :eek:

now for the accountant that originaly raised the prices.......he should be cleanin that paper towel in the toilet valve clog with a straw!

14. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

A 60 hour trip sounds very good. Pricing is better.

15. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

smart move UE!! now we are talking. still out of my range, but thats not an unreasonable price!!!

16. Aggie82Josh

Aggie82Josh Senior Member

I like the new prices better!!! I have 3 spots for the June 26th trip. Should be good coming off the new moon :D

17. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Still out of range for me. Except possibly the 36 hour trip.

I would have been willing to go $800 - 850 for the 60 hour and $1100 - 1200 for the 76 hour.

But wait .... I haven't checked my Mega-Millions numbers from last night.

18. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Since I cried and whined so much about the prices before, I guess it's time to look at a good Late Oct. date. When I book though, I won't let them know that I am BFTMASTER, the price whiner.

19. kenner21

kenner21 Member

I might consider a 36 hour now. I hope the new captain got some good numbers for bottom fishing.

20. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Any idea why the 76 hr trip price remained the same - $1500 - even though the meals are no longer included?