Big E June 13-15

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by BretABaker, May 9, 2008.

1. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

Anyone going on this trip? I think I will go 95%. I would like to go on the 76 hour since it is my birthday (25) on July 4th, but cannot make it as I'll be in PA.

If you are coming from out of town let me know, you can probably stay at my house. I'm about 45 min from the boat.

2. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Are you going by yourself? I'll look into it.

3. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i might be able to do the one over the 13th-15th...let me know

4. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

I am going on the 76/72 hr trip.Looks like there will be some good fishermen on this trip and will enjoy picking up some different techniques . Also there has been mentioned the opportunity to go some places that are seldom fished. Besides, the trip on june 29 will be giving us a good idea where the fish will be . You all have a good trip and keep us inform as to what the fish are biting on.

5. ALW

ALW Senior Member

I don't think the Big E will be going far on the 76hr. We only went out 100 miles last weekend but that was enough. Lot's of 100 lb YF for the number of folks fishing. The high fuel prices and less than full loads are taking effect. I like the shorter run better. Made some good bottom drops at rigs prior the Tuna grounds. Big grouper big AJ That ment a extra day on the bottom drop. Looking forward to the next trip with light loads. I have noticed that more experienced fishermen on board mean more tangles. More congestion in the popper throwing areas.

6. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

if they can do 100miles for tuna ill be happy. thats about 5 hours as opposed to 10+. works for me!

7. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I might be able to do the June 27-29 but on the underwaterexpeditions.com site they say they are doing a 76 hour that day.

8. ALW

ALW Senior Member

They have converted some of the 76 hr trips to 52 hr. You just have to call them and find out. No snapper on the June trips.

9. awesum

awesum Senior Member

No snapper on the June trips.

Al ..... did they say why?

10. rtran

rtran Senior Member

bret you still going on this trip?

11. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

it depends on whether i go to louisiana. i'll probably do one or another. there is a chance i will not go back to PA for fathers day, in which case that weekend is open, and i know the big e is going then as well.

what would you want to do?

12. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

i would love to go on a trip out of tx. i can get some days off. keep me updated.

13. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah, my house is only 40 min from the Big E as well which is nice

14. rtran

rtran Senior Member

what would you want to do?

All I know is it's time to fish Gulf of Mexico and it doesn't matter where. I'd like to Louisiana because it's a shorter ride out but then I'd like to fish the Big E too since it's the most comfortable boat in the Gulf.

15. rtran

rtran Senior Member

We can fish overnight on Eddie's 34' catamaran to do a 48 hour trip or we could fish 2 seperate days on his palmetto if Louisiana is the choice.

16. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah.......i just hope someone can come from houston or fly in there. that drive alone sucks. 7+ hours through nothingness.

17. rtran

rtran Senior Member

yeah.......i just hope someone can come from houston or fly in there. that drive alone sucks. 7+ hours through nothingness.

You forgot I am in DFW. I pmed Eddie to see what he can do, waiting on response.

18. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i might be able to go over fathers day....not sure yet

19. rtran

rtran Senior Member

i would love to go on a trip out of tx. i can get some days off. keep me updated.

You interested in fishing the Big E with us?

20. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i think im going on the june 13-15 trip instead. anyone interested?