Big E cancelled

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by 2busy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

Just learned that the big e has cancelled the upcoming 52 hr trip and also heard for the rest of the year. Might want to confirm.

Are there any other fishing charters compairable to the big e that has openings? we really want to go fishing but dont want to drive for just a day trip. Need 2 slots at least but would probably have 3 ready to travel. Louisiana isnt out of the question.

2. txcards

txcards Senior Member

I have been trying to call them and cannot get through

3. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

honestly that would suck but wouldnt be a big surprise if everyone there had major home damage. i'll wait to hear from Willie about the TFF trip.

4. txcards

txcards Senior Member

I just talked with them. They are canceling everything through the end of the year unfortunately. Call them and they will re-credit deposits.

5. Formula4Fish

Formula4Fish Senior Member

That's a genuine disappointment :(

I was looking forward to Siete Tuna!

6. tunacrazy

tunacrazy Senior Member

Just got the news,about the Big E. Myself and two other of the Arkansas Tuna Mafia were to make the 24-26 oct. trip. If anybody has a idea for a replacement trip,let us know. Hopfully they will get the ice plant back on line and resume trips.

7. rtran

rtran Senior Member

WOW, that's a big disapointment. I hope they get everything situated

8. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

Tuna Crazy, I think i met you this spring on the big e. I remember one of yall being from Bella Vista. 3 of us from se okla .

9. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

Anyone want to go to venice in late october or november???

10. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

Bret, we was thinkin dolphin dock late oct for a 60 hr. you have something in mind for venice for a extended trip. would have to be worth the drive and a couple of nights of fishin.

11. txcards

txcards Senior Member

I'd like to go to venice, let me know what you're thinking

12. TBaker

TBaker Senior Member

Anyone want to go to venice in late october or november???

What about Tomeny in Port Fouchon?

13. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

i'm ready to travel l for this weekend for a comparible trip. If enough people know of a good tuna trip 3 of us are ready. We just dont know of any charters that offer as good of a trip as the big e for the money and time fishing and target YF,Aj, grouper.

14. wishn4fishn

wishn4fishn Member

:D2Busy I am on now wishn4fishn

15. rtran

rtran Senior Member

What about Tomeny in Port Fouchon?

Good idea. :D

16. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah tomeny would work as well. either way.

unless the bite is extremely hot down there, i do not prefer to go on the port a party boats.

17. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Bret, I'm good for a Nov. trip w/ Eddie. I've already been pre-planning that anyway, but I might just take my boat w/ 2 other guys, if you're interested
    in a cost split.
    BTW, I already got "potlicker-permission" to follow him around last time we went out
    LMK
    -Brian (972-567-1563)

18. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Bret, I'm good for a Nov. trip w/ Eddie. I've already been pre-planning that anyway, but I might just take my boat w/ 2 other guys, if you're interested
    in a cost split.
    BTW, I already got "potlicker-permission" to follow him around last time we went out
    LMK
    -Brian (972-567-1563)

Brian how are you now? Ready to fish!

19. wishn4fishn

wishn4fishn Member

2busy what about h2o charter 1 hour south of new orleans 2 12 hour trips on a 36 foot boat needs 6 people per day about 300 per person per day any body interested speak up

20. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I wonder how those operations are doing over there also though. Eddie lucky made it through. Not sure about Tomeny and them. Someone needs to check up on them