Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big E has a 60hr Tuna Trip scheduled for Jan 15, 2010. Cost per person is $650
Bring your own food and drinks.
We will be at the Houston Boat Show starting Jan 8th.

Just wanted to let everyone know our web site is down right now. We are working on uploading a new site and it has not transferred properly yet. Sorry for the down time we were not expecting any problems and are working to fix the site ASAP.

Any questions regarding next year's schedule please email Shelly at [email protected] she will be in office next week to respond to any emails.

Will resume our normal business hours on Jan 4th at 9am.

We have had several emails regarding the Jan 15th trip and the minimal has almost been met.

We wish everyone a Happy New Year and look forward to fishing with you guys/gals in 2010!

G

·
glad to see the website up and running. this should allow newbies the chance to get a feel for what an extended trip is about and what the cost and dates are for upcoming trips.....thanks rick

·
487 Posts
Do they supply rods and tackle or must you bring your own? On the 56hr trip how much fishing time do you get?

Thanx

·
Super Moderator
5,784 Posts
Do they supply rods and tackle or must you bring your own? On the 56hr trip how much fishing time do you get?

Thanx

there are always loaner rods/reels available; lines/hooks/weighs/leaders etc ...

2 nights of fishing and 2 days of fishing

·
3,165 Posts

Thanx

Oh U have no idea....lol...you'll have a blast!

astro..

·
5,457 Posts

Thanx

Yes they have boat gear. It will consist of a chunking/bottom fishing rod. No jigging or popping outfits that im aware of.

Also you will have more fishing time than you will know what to do with. I've never fished all the time that was allowed.

d-a

·
111 Posts
they will supply a conventional reel/rod if you let them know you need one.only tackle they supply is hooks,leaders,swivles for chunking and sinkers / bottom fishing.

fishing time depends on how far they go and the weather. bumpy ride/ means slower getting to the fishin hole.

best bet would be to ask about the specific trip and find out what their plans are, what type of fishing,what rigs are in the plans.

·
487 Posts
Thanks for your response. I just saw the recommended tackle list posted by TS18997.

I just purchased a Shimano Talica 16 and have a real good 20-40lb rod. I thought I was all good, but I see I still need something heavier for YFT and fishing deep, plus a heavy duty spinning outfit for poppers.

I'm dead keen on doing a trip in Feb / Mar. I'll see what I can do.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.