Big E 60 hour trip June 26-28, 2009

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by Bellyups, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

This trip has been mentioned on the Underwater Expeditions thread, but that thread is super long and involves multiple topics. Thus, I thought I would begin a new thread.

Grescobia and I will be registering for this trip tomorrow and hope it will be a successful trip. It is the best value priced trip UE offers. The moon is a building 1/4 crescent . The Fishing Fiesta first place prize has been lowered to $300, so the odds of paying for the July 4th trip with prize money is not as likely as in the past.

Lets see how many 360tuna fishermen will join in on the fun!! I will occasionally post to update on the progress of the trip. This is an OPEN charter.

The office will open at 4am and boarding starts at 5am.

2. txcards

txcards Senior Member

I'm booked as #8 I believe. Guys, this should be an epic trip with the moon. Hop on while you can, lets get this thing to go!

3. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Pending approval from the BOSS!

4. emorgan

emorgan Member

How many people are they taking on this trip and how many openings are left, are spots assigned per reservations or is there going to be free movement? I am very interested in this trip.

Regards, Emorgan

5. Aggie82Josh

Aggie82Josh Senior Member

I have 3 spots on this trip.

The will take no more than 40 people (there are 40 bunks on the boat). The last I heard there was around 15 or 16 so far. You are assigned spots in the order you sign up for the trip. You load the boat in the order in which you signed up for the trip and pick your spot for day fishing. Bottom (day) fishing is the only time you have to fish this spot. When we start tuna fishing at night the entire boat is open. People who are chunking and jigging, fish the port side and people throwing topwater and kite fishing fish off the starboard side.

6. Aggie82Josh

How many people are they taking on this trip and how many openings are left, are spots assigned per reservations or is there going to be free movement? I am very interested in this trip.

Regards, Emorgan

The will take no more than 40 people (there are 40 bunks on the boat). The last I heard there was around 15 or 16 so far. You are assigned spots in the order you sign up for the trip. You load the boat in the order in which you signed up for the trip and pick your spot for day fishing. Bottom (day) fishing is the only time you have to fish this spot. When we start tuna fishing at night the entire boat is open. People who are chunking and jigging, fish the port side and people throwing topwater and kite fishing fish off the starboard side.

7. Aggie82Josh

Regards, Emorgan

They will take no more than 40 people (there are 40 bunks on the boat). The last I heard there were around 15 or 16 so far. You are assigned a loading number in the order you sign up for the trip. You load the boat in the order in which you signed up for the trip and pick your spot for day fishing. Bottom (day) fishing is the only time you have to fish this spot. When we start tuna fishing at night the entire boat is open. People who are chunking and jigging will fish the port side and people throwing topwater and kite fishing will fish off the starboard side.

If you've never been on this trip...get ready because its addicting as hell!

8. wadefisherman

wadefisherman Tuna Club Member

I'm booked as #8 I believe. Guys, this should be an epic trip with the moon. Hop on while you can, lets get this thing to go!

Are you sure that your reservation is # 8? They told me that my reservation is # 8 also...

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

they assign you a spot but once fishing starts you can go wherever you want

10. rtran

rtran Senior Member

what is the fishing fiesta?

11. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

what is the fishing fiesta?

It is a Freeport fishing tournament over July 4th. The Big E participants placed in 6 of the categories last year including YFT, BFT, AJ, baracuda.

Dewayne, I hope you can make it!!!

Scott

12. rtran

rtran Senior Member

oh okay so this trip will have nothing to do with that correct

13. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

oh okay so this trip will have nothing to do with that correct

Correct. The July 4th 76 hour trip should be back in time for the weigh in. If you do the July 4th trip, you have to register for the tournament.

14. Aggie82Josh

Well, I just talked to UE and they said that there have been a lot of people calling and asking about the trip but, they dont want to sign up unless there are enough people to go. They said that they are trying to work with everyone by allowing them to put down a deposit now and pay the remaining balance once the trip is a go. (they normallly require you to pay in full 30 days before the trip). If the trip doesn't go you will get your money back in full. So, there is no risk. They also said they are going to give us about a week or 2 window letting us know if the trip is a go or if it's cancelled. So, no one will have to drive all the way down there only to find out its cancelled.

My best advice for the people who are able to go but, are holding out to see how many people sign up, is to sign up, pay your deposit, get the spots filled and lets go fishing. If we don't have enough people for whatever reason, and the trip gets cancelled, we will all get our money back.

15. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

dear god cuda is a category? that seems pretty desperate. at least that'll mean there will be less in the water!!!

if jack crevalles were one i'd own that one hands down lol.

16. rtran

rtran Senior Member

lets go fishing bret

17. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I just signed up. I am number 12. They mentioned there have been a lot of calls about this trip as Aggie82Josh says above. Trip will likely go with 30 people. I updated some information on my initial post.

18. rtran

rtran Senior Member

25 people on the boat would be sweeeet

19. txcards

txcards Senior Member

Are you sure that your reservation is # 8? They told me that my reservation is # 8 also...

Yeah, thats what shelly sent to me

20. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

We need a lot of people to sign up to make this trip go. Please call UE if you are interested.

21. txcards

txcards Senior Member

I just talked to shelly and unless we get some more bookings for this trip they are going to cancel it tomorrow. Lets get some more interest here guys.....Lets try to make this one go!

22. wadefisherman

wadefisherman Tuna Club Member

It's ok that they cancel this trip. There are not that many good reports from the floaters anyway. They're not that many yellow fin tunas caught lately. I'll wait until August or September.