Big Black marlin

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Minnow, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

A little bird told me some one from this forum caught a big black marlin and few tuna on popper:).

2. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

that bird had a long flight....rick

3. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

Who's down there Tj and wacker and mr bill?

4. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

tj is in dallas.....rick

5. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

hopefully that black came on a new spinner on a prototype rod....rick

6. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I just came up to the room to take a leak.:D I've been drinking all day and the scotch taste mighty good right now. Pics will follow as soon as I get it together, The two Texas boys are doing fine. Those big black marlin will kick you arse.:D For the first time in my life, I admit that I was a beat SOB. 400#+ black that fought me harder than any tuna in the world could fight. I almost called "Uncle".:eek:

Film crew is here with us along with a French Jigging and Popping Journalist.:eek: :eek:

So far, I've have gotten along very well with the Journalist. He is a nice guy. He was amazed at the tackle I brought with me. He has never seen a SR50
    or BX2600:) It will be very fun tomorrow as they have never met any like me and wacker. I just met wacker at the airport. Were getting along fine. Thank god he doesn't drink as I emptied the boat of beer today.:) Wacker is desperate for a Dr Pepper. Non in Panama. He is going nuts about his DP:eek

Tuna are here. They love poppers. You just have to be patient and watch for signs.

7. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

Mr bill.
    Congrats on the marlin. Tell wacker I said what's up. Don't let him near any guns or there might be less wildlife around. If any monkeys mess with you give him a shotgun and he will get rid of them. I want a pic of himstrapped to a marlin or a cow tuna.
    Good luck.

8. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Way to go MrBill. Is that the first day of fishing? Did you send em out for more beer for manana? Get em. Can't wait for the full report and PICS.

Fred

9. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

The bite is back on!!! Glad to hear the trip has started great!!!

Scott

10. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

I can vouch for Mr. Bill looking beat but smile from ear to ear tonight ,not a bad day at PSFlodge

11. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Man, Glad to hear the Two Jims are kicking some butt... Keep us posted on yall 's progress... Congrats on the Black.. sounds like a hoss.. Keep the beer and scotch flowing..... be sure and take some pics of Wacker putting the wood to some tuna..

12. fish4stripers

fish4stripers Senior Member

Nice MrBill, can't wait for pics!

13. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

wow, good going mr. bill. congrats on the black

14. HWK

HWK Senior Member

Good deal, can't wait to see some pics,

15. AJL

AJL Junior member

Wacker, that dr. pepper is definitely going to haunt you while down there. Perhaps some panamian cocacola will have to do. Cant wait to see your new avet going to town, let us know how it handled some of those south of the border nasties.:cool: