360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some opinions for the best one for the money. Really not looking to spend over 100 bucks, but would like a bag that keeps everything dry, has plenty of room for jigs and plenty of terminal tackle .

·
1,553 Posts
WFO makes high quality stuff. I ordered the small reel bag and i believe it is the best on the market. I plan on buying other tackle storage items from them.

·
208 Posts
I'm looking for some opinions for the best one for the money. Really not looking to spend over 100 bucks, but would like a bag that keeps everything dry, has plenty of room for jigs and plenty of terminal tackle .

How about the Cabela's magnum bag w/8 3700-size plastic boxes? Here's the link:

Cabela's Advanced Anglers Pro Series Tackle Bags with Boxes

This or the one I prefer, which has an overhanging waterproof top, would organize and carry a lot of tackle. When not fishing, you load your jigs into it and carry it around or to the gym for an aerobic workout.

·
424 Posts
Side pockets on WFO will fit a bunch of long lures still in package. Or you could put them up top. After i open poppers i put them in the trays..and i put the jigs in a jig bag that fits in the top compartment or in place of a storage tray.

·
** Pak Lurah **
1,077 Posts
Hi Brian,
Which one WFO reel bag you and ToneyC use at Capt.Tomeny trip ?
Small or large reel bag ?
I need to get one for my spinners....

·
2,835 Posts
Your will never find a standard bag that will fit your needs. You either have to make due with the standard bag or box or get one fabricated to your specs. I own a bunch of tackle boxes and bags. Nothing is totally waterproof. Different trips take a different style bag. Day bags, two day boxes, and travel bags.

I had a upholstery shop last year make me one that is awesome. He wrapped a waterproof fabric around a custom fabricated frame of aluminum and fiberglass. It's really cool. It's my perfect tackle carrier for a one or two day trip. I'd post pictures, but Uncle Russ would probably get jealous and drop everything to try and outdo me.:)

G

·
i put jigs in thinner plano boxes without assist hooks. works fine. i put poppers in thicker boxes. trebles can be annoying, but again, works fine.

bait stuff is kept in boxes as well. i only bring what i need at the time out onto the deck.

assist hooks/rings/split rings, etc are in a separate pouch.

if a jig bag or popper bag helps you be more organized then go for it. i think the key is just staying organized as best you can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts