Best Tackle Bag

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by kenner21, Jun 19, 2008.

1. kenner21

kenner21 Member

I'm looking for some opinions for the best one for the money. Really not looking to spend over 100 bucks, but would like a bag that keeps everything dry, has plenty of room for jigs and plenty of terminal tackle .

2. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

WFO bags, i have the offshore tackle and small reel bag..

3. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

WFO makes high quality stuff. I ordered the small reel bag and i believe it is the best on the market. I plan on buying other tackle storage items from them.

4. kenner21

kenner21 Member

The WFO looks nice, is it big enough for larger knife jigs,tuna hunters, stretch 30's??

5. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

alutecnos bags are nice to look at and quality

6. xs_tackle

xs_tackle Senior Member

I'm looking for some opinions for the best one for the money. Really not looking to spend over 100 bucks, but would like a bag that keeps everything dry, has plenty of room for jigs and plenty of terminal tackle .

How about the Cabela's magnum bag w/8 3700-size plastic boxes? Here's the link:

Cabela's Advanced Anglers Pro Series Tackle Bags with Boxes

This or the one I prefer, which has an overhanging waterproof top, would organize and carry a lot of tackle. When not fishing, you load your jigs into it and carry it around or to the gym for an aerobic workout.

7. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

Side pockets on WFO will fit a bunch of long lures still in package. Or you could put them up top. After i open poppers i put them in the trays..and i put the jigs in a jig bag that fits in the top compartment or in place of a storage tray.

8. d-a

d-a Senior Member

9. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Hi Brian,
    Which one WFO reel bag you and ToneyC use at Capt.Tomeny trip ?
    Small or large reel bag ?
    I need to get one for my spinners....

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Your will never find a standard bag that will fit your needs. You either have to make due with the standard bag or box or get one fabricated to your specs. I own a bunch of tackle boxes and bags. Nothing is totally waterproof. Different trips take a different style bag. Day bags, two day boxes, and travel bags.

I had a upholstery shop last year make me one that is awesome. He wrapped a waterproof fabric around a custom fabricated frame of aluminum and fiberglass. It's really cool. It's my perfect tackle carrier for a one or two day trip. I'd post pictures, but Uncle Russ would probably get jealous and drop everything to try and outdo me.:)

11. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i put jigs in thinner plano boxes without assist hooks. works fine. i put poppers in thicker boxes. trebles can be annoying, but again, works fine.

bait stuff is kept in boxes as well. i only bring what i need at the time out onto the deck.

assist hooks/rings/split rings, etc are in a separate pouch.

if a jig bag or popper bag helps you be more organized then go for it. i think the key is just staying organized as best you can.