360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would love a short sub 200g jigging rod blank. any suggestions? i would love 5'4-5'8 and i know i could cut a blank but just wondering what my options are. this will be my first build. i iwll use this rod for snapper and other smallish reef fish.

·
5,457 Posts
Andrew

I got a mudhole CBVJ6050 and its a sub 200g blank. I have bass rods that are stiffer. What are you going to build it as? a spinner or conventional?

d-a

·
1,334 Posts
I've used the Mudhole 6030 (rated 2-4oz jigs) before for fluke, others have taken 42" striped bass with it as well. It's great for up to 4 oz bottom fishing, but I've used it with up to 8oz sinkers as well. The 6040 is slightly stiffer and rated for 3-6oz jigs. They are 6' long, but if you cut from the butt, the rod will really be flexing into the foregrip a lot, which may cause some line issues.

·
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
doug, im all spinner. i would really like a composite blank sub 6' .if not il go for a 7' or 7'6. i have never used a short light spinning rod. how long is the jm 150 or 200g blank?

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
the NEW OTI blank is 6' rated 100-300 it would be a good choice.
you could trim the butt to fit your size.

the JM are appox 5'8"

·
Site Sponsor
1,249 Posts
Introducing the newest line of blanks from Seeker... THE HERCULES. This series of blanks combines the construction technology which made Super Seekers the toughest most powerful blanks on the market, with a smaller diameter lightweight blank design, which produces a blank unparalleled in strength, weight, and durability. The Hercules have been designed with input from Billy Vivona, and the blank building expertise of Randy Penny. Together they have built the finest Made in the USA, highest quality blanks, designed for the needs and wants of today's fishermen.

GTS60 H 6' length 40/80 lb 9 tip 0.725 butt

5.2 oz. w t.

GTS60 XH 6' length 50/100lb 9 tip 0.735 butt 5.7 oz. wt.

GTS70 H 7'2” length 40/80 lb 9 tip 0.8butt

7.2 oz. wt.

INS72L 7'2” length 15/30lb. 7.5 tip 0.645butt 5.5 oz. wt.

INS72H 7'2” length 30/60lb 8.5 tip 0.695butt

·
5,457 Posts
doug, im all spinner. i would really like a composite blank sub 6' .if not il go for a 7' or 7'6. i have never used a short light spinning rod. how long is the jm 150 or 200g blank?

Ok I was going to give you the mudhole blank. It has the handle, reel seat and gimble on it already

d-a

·
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I was going to give you the mudhole blank. It has the handle, reel seat and gimble on it already

d-a
thanks doug. i appreciate the offer.

·
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Riley Rod 200gram blank is AWESOME! The blank is 6ft and just cut off the butt to your desired length.
where is the best place to get info on these blanks?

·
3,719 Posts
I think those riley blanks are actually rainshadow. I just built a 400g for a buddy a week ago. sweet ,powerfull stick.he got the blank from Rileyrods

·
5,457 Posts
how wold i get a trevala jigging blank?

Andrew you would have to take a production rod and strip it down. Then make it how you wanted

d-a

1 - 18 of 18 Posts