360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

619 Posts
Fishermex said:
Don't let Oilpatch fool you guys... In that pic he is just preparing to cast a live bait
Thats what I was thinking, ohh well lets see if anything wants this...

I've caught lots of lil tiny mangos trying to catch pinfish for bait, but that by far is the smallest red snapper I've ever seen on a hook.

5,508 Posts
GARRIGA said:
Is a 225g Shimano Flat Side too big? I have pink.
No. They will hit a 400g Nagamasa, but you weed out the ones like oilpatch showed.

d-a

3,308 Posts
oilpatch said:
Lol was casting for kings in 40' decided see what's on bottom. I think.he was trying to make love to that spoon not eat it:)
So, when you de-hooked him did he try to spoon the spoon?

Reactions: oilpatch

· Registered
9 Posts
IMO
15 - 20 cm jigs , with a flattering action
Pink , blue
a plastic squid is highly recommended
if its not a rocky area , while your loosing striks ,, dont worry using a triple at the jig end
or an Hyabuza inshuki is a great solution too :)
FYI in my country , missing a snapper means loosing the whole school ,,
good luck :)

· Vendor
928 Posts
Our Flat Fall jigs have been killing the snapper and grouper in Venice, La. Our lures can be viewed at www.strikertackle.com Tight Lines
Water Vertebrate Hat Fish Jigging
Water Watch Vertebrate Fisherman Jigging
Water Sky Boat Muscle White
Orange Fish Fisherman Hat Sunglasses
Water Sky Vertebrate Goggles Sunglasses
Water Sky Cloud Boat Vertebrate

· Registered
184 Posts
Any Jig will work for the elusive and endangered red snapper. At least in Venice La. The hard part is normally trying to get a jig past them to catch something else or through the biomass to get to grouper.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.