Super Moderator
6,458 Posts
Welcome to 360 TUNA.
Bass fishing is really not covered here, but I'd say white spinnerbait
Either that or a blue/white Ilander with ballyhoo.......... :oops:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The one you have the most confidence in honestly. There’s probably a best lure for every scenario/condition/time of year/type of water but not necessarily a best overall if that makes any sense. My favorites are a ned rig (TRD) in a pond or lake, a 3” tube in a river, and a whopper plopper for top water. Throw in some chatter baits and you don’t need much else. These have all worked for me from Maine to Florida and now primarily in Kansas and Oklahoma. I’m sure you will get plenty of other opinions. Good luck out there!

·
1,020 Posts
I flip flipping jigs for Largemouth Bass, and drag flipping jigs at the drop off or humps for smallsmouth bass. Others call me crazy but I catch them in quantity and quality. I do have other 20 + different types of presentation but Flipping Jigs are my “go to”….. size, weight, color, style ….. too many combination …… and my home lake maroon color Jig with pink trailer works best. :D:D:D

·
3,737 Posts
I’m a worm / jig / grub guy. The new Berkeley maxscent worms in “ blue flek” ( actually a purple worm) are deadly!as is black. These things simply catch fish!
Also maxscent blue craw as a trailer on a jig. Crazy how fishy these Baits are. Had some very good days on Berkeley power grubs also. “ PB&J was smokin but of coarse you can’t get them anymore” skeets ghost minnow” has caught its share of 4lb fish for me too.
No I’m not affiliated with Berkeley, their shit just catches fish. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
which is the best type of lure for bass fishing?
Well I don't think that naming just one lure will justify the answer to this question because one time it was spinner bait helpful for me or next time it was a winning jig, I was also reading an article where they also named many suitable lures for bass, maybe this picture clears you more

·
Super Moderator
6,458 Posts
Well if we're gonna talk bass......
I don't fish for them ditch pickles anymore, but when I did 15-20 yrs ago, my go-to in any condition but wind was
a Zoom 4" super fluke in watermelon with a 3/o Kahle tex- rigged with no weight or 1/16th oz weight squeezed onto the shank. I should have patented that hook design. it's been in production for a number of years already. I was doing it in the 90's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Prefer topwater baits early early morning from twilight through that first hour of daylight or so. Then switching to rattletraps or a twitch bait for a go. Once the sun gets high in the sky start jigging slabs. Reverse order as the sun falls. That's become my routine on my local lake, although I'm not targeting blackbass but Hybrid Stripers.
Do catch the blackbass in the process, we call them Larry's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts